Support (or nagging) required

Millgirl

Hi everyone, not been on these forums for a while (previously Henwoman but changed user name) my last 3 monthly blood test was 5.6 and I was deemed not diabetic or pre-diabetic anymore. This was in late September 2016. That was most excellent news. However, I seem to have fallen off the LCHF mission that I was so successful with. I am eating too many carbs, and have generally fallen by the wayside. I feel lethargic again and have the odd day when vision becomes blurred, weight creeping up. I KNOW what I need to do but cannot seem to get motivated. Being on these forums and browsing around in the past helped, so maybe coming back is the answer.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
hey @Millgirl
welcome back to the forum !!:)

glad to have you here again -- it is a fabulous place for getting positive support to help get the D under control.

Reactions: Snapsy

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Millgirl welcome back , I am new so have not met you till now.. you just jump the horse once more... and get the daily support one get in here... and we can follow your Progress, it is wonderful to be so many at one place aiming to get our diabetes better all of us and be able to give a hug to others when needed

Last edited:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome Back!

Do you have a meter, and are you testing? I always find that a few high readings are ASTONISHINGLY motivating!

:D

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Millgirl hi, welcome back - lovely to meet you!

One day at a time, and don't punish yourself.

I was reading this morning about how motivation and willpower differ. It was really interesting. I understood it sort of this way:

Your motivation might be wanting to feel well all the time, and being the best you that you can be.

Willpower is finding the strength to do the things you need to do - this strength is made by you, but it helps to have support, encouragement and accountability.....

.....ALL of which you will find here.

You're in the right place! And you can do this.

:):):)

Millgirl

Thanks everyone. Diet still rubbish today but have got myself motivated with exercise as a start and went back to my friend gym today. Also signed up for some Pilates training. Tomorrow I am fasting.

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Oh and yes, I am testing but prefer not to think too hard about the results!
Keep going - you will see the numbers slowly improve with the work you're doing, and that will keep you motivated and well!

Keep up the good work! And do stick around!

:):):)

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
Not to worry, even the 'old timers' have their off days. As for diet, the rule of thumb is to find what suits you best.