1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Sweet Potatoes

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by everway9, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Serena51

Serena51 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

We are all different and the only reliable way to see if a food suits is to use your blood meter/

Sweet potatoes are just that too sweet for me but celeriac is a good one. Love roasted with Sunday lunch, mashed on a cottage pie or any other recipe as a substitute for potatoe.

• Like Like x 1
  2. everway9

everway9 Type 3c · Well-Known Member

Sounds really nice that. I actually found a shop near me that sells celeriac... at last! :D Gonna try it out later this week.

3. tsalman

tsalman Type 2 · Member

Sweet potatoes are a better source of fiber and vitamins, and have a lower glycemic index, so they're a more nutritious choice overall compared to potatoes. I also bought a few today. Love to eat them baked/ grilled- they taste great!

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook