Sweet smelling urine, peeing every hour and thirst

Pat-D2

It is a week from my initial physician diagnosis. I ended up going back 2 days later because my ketone level went from low/medium to very high. I was put on insulin at least until my blood glucose is stabilized at more normal levels. I am learning that my diet needs are probably going to be unique to me. I had a late night snack of an apple when my BG was 190. In the morning it was 235. Did the same thing the next night with cottage cheese and berries and same result in the morning. So now I know that, at least right now, now fruit snacks while my insulin levels (2 units if 150-200 and 4 units if 200-250) is waning in the late evening is not a good idea. So probably I need to eat a decent supper so I have less of a desire for anything before bed.

For me it probably going to be about 4 months before I see the belly fat starting to melt. In the meantime lots of salads and omlettes.
I am going to get an egg cooker so I can avoid the morning mess with pans. I will coordinate fruits and anything new with walking so I don't get any surprises with sugar spikes.

I am going to introduce oatmeal with fruit and a little milk. And as I acclimate I will try to diversify. I have a great deal of trouble doing anything in single portions so I will likely buy my salads pre-made. For me leftovers become midnight snacks so it is best that I not have that temptation.

One tip I have for anyone who is just trying the blood glucose test strips - get the drop of blood first before you insert the test strip. My experience was not getting enough volume and then I would get an error message - another buck down the drain.