deebie_newbie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mean people.
people not willing to change.
Please can people tell me what LCHF tricks they use to replace desserts? I am an ice-cream a-holic. Thank you I have just heard of Appo Ice Cream. How much can be eaten before it affects sugars (a rough guideline, as I know everyone is different). Thanks again.

Lesley1358

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I make my own with stevia instead of sugar and use natural vanilla pods for flavour, basically it,s just eggs, milk or cream, stevia snd a vanilla pod.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
my dessert options include
Fat bombs
berries and cream
sugarfree jelly and cream
lc choc mousse
lc berry icecream
cheese
coffee type options
peppermint tea
greek yoghurt
lc mug cakes
lc cakes of any description
70% choc
70% choc melted in micro with cream and nuts stirred in
chia puddings

Although, to be honest, I don't bother much any more.
If I wait 20 mins after I eat the main course, I completely forget about pud. :)

(I wasn't very impressed with Oppo, or the new PErfect World LC icecream. Thought they were kind of 'meh' and would prefer to make my own. :) )

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Please can people tell me what LCHF tricks they use to replace desserts? I am an ice-cream a-holic. Thank you I have just heard of Appo Ice Cream. How much can be eaten before it affects sugars (a rough guideline, as I know everyone is different). Thanks again.
That all depends on how "low carb" you're going. Have you set yourself a daily limit? Some on this dietary approach are 20g or less per day, others less than 120g. It also depends largely on what you've eaten prior that day.

For instance, if you had eggs for breakfast, tuna salad for lunch and steak with green veg for dinner - then you'd have the majority or your daily limit to use up on the dessert.

If you're prepared to step away from the ice cream, celery and peanut butter is a good option. It's actually a lot nicer than it sounds:)

Grant

deebie_newbie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mean people.
Thank you all so much. What is the proportion of ingredients for the ice cream, please, Lesley?

deebie_newbie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mean people.
Celery and peanut butter sounds good. Brilliant suggestions, Brunneria. Thank you. Will work my way through the list.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Its Oppo in case you are searching for it.. I usually have a scoop (or maybe 2) with a few raspberries and double cream poured over the top. mmmm

Lesley1358

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you all so much. What is the proportion of ingredients for the ice cream, please, Lesley?
16fl oz full fat milk or 50/50 milk and double cream
3oz stevia
3 egg yolks only
1 or 2 vanilla pods

You can also add other things such as coffee, cocoa or crushed nuts if you want to.

Make a custard with the ingredients, not the cocoa, nuts or coffee, add those later, but include the vanilla. Make sure you do not boil them or you will get sweet scrambled eggs. When thickened to custard consistency cool and add other flavours if you wish. Pour into a Tupperware container or old ice cream container. freeze for two to 3 hours, then remove from the freezer, stir well and freeze for at least another 3 hours. If you have an icream maker it's even easier, pour the custard into the maker and off you go.

Reactions: spanielsmum

paganlass

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
nhs. religion for the sake of it.
Hi which peanut butter do people eat gramgam as I find a lot is full of sugar? Im in uk.

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I have found lily's chocolate bars which are sweetened with stevia and erythritol. They are very tasty and do not mess with my blood sugar. They also do not cause bathroom issues for me(I am hyper sensitive to maltitol). I get them through an online store here in Canada.( the low carb grocery) I know they are available in the states too but not sure about the UK.

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hi which peanut butter do people eat gramgam as I find a lot is full of sugar? Im in uk.
Just read the labels. Should only be peanuts and maybe salt. If it has sugar added give it a pass.

A

asparagusp

Meridian Organic/Plain.

IDShot_540x540.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

paganlass

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thankyou I font think they sell meridian here but they do whole earth ( just found out) which may be the same. At the moment if I want any dessert it's Greek yoghurt with berries.

A

asparagusp

Thankyou I font think they sell meridian here but they do whole earth ( just found out) which may be the same. At the moment if I want any dessert it's Greek yoghurt with berries.

Yes I had Greek yoghurt with raspberries for the last couple of nights. I added flaked almonds. Gorgeous!

paganlass

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Flaked almonds. Great idea! I never thought of that.