Swimming and keeping set attached!

the_exile

Hi folks,

Having a bit of an issue with my infusion set coming out whilst swimming. The pump is obviously disconnected whilst I'm in the water but of course I'm left with the cannula stuck to the infusion site, is there any product people use which keeps the cannula fairly secure whilst swimming? Just find the sticky patch that comes with the set isn't sticky enough for a good half hour of swimming.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I'll 'bump' your post up the forum in the hope that you get some replies.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Buy some skin tac it works wonders :)

Reactions: 2 people

Dizzydog

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use infusion sets/ subcutaneous infusion (for another condition not diabetes) and Friars balsam used under my sof set makes it stick much better.

You put it on with a cotton bud let it dry a little so it's tacky and then apply set adhesive- obviously skin test for any reactions just in case first. It's cheap & the chemist should have it.

Stick/solid deodarent applied under & allowed to dry before applying set also helps.

I also 'sandwich' my sets - so iv3000 that comes with the set first, then set, then second tape with the circular hole that comes with my sets and then iv3000 (much larger size piece I get provided with iv3000 one hand sheets) straight over the top again.

My sets stay firm in water, the bath and in very hot weather & I have terrible skin/ eczema so glad I found something that helped :)