1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Swimming With The Libre..

Discussion in 'Fitness, Exercise and Sport' started by CranberryIce, Jul 18, 2018.

1. CranberryIce

CranberryIce Type 1 · Well-Known Member

How do people do this so that they can swim for longer than Abbott recommend with the libre on?

I am desperate to get back into swimming but damaging my sensor has put me off.

2. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

Tegaderm. I swim regularly. Water won't damage the sensor, but it might make the glue stick less so you'll lose the sensor. For me, a tegaderm patch from a roll of about 10x8 centimeters often holds for the full two weeks, sometimes I have to ask a friend to trim the edges and put a new patch over the old one. It's also saved me from losing sensors on doorposts, bra's and prying cats.

• Like Like x 2
  3. kev-w

kev-w Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Again Tegaderm patches, Boots UK have them in for 50 odd pence, I've found the Libre to survive 45 minutes non stop swimming, it'll handle shallow dives and the odd belly flop tumble turns, butterfly no bother, I say no bother, mines said check again in 10 minutes before but a pat dry and it's ok, oh and I've swum 8x a fortnight with one.

• Like Like x 2
  4. CranberryIce

Thank you ️will head into Boots tomorrow :) x

• Like Like x 1
  5. kev-w

kev-w Type 1 · Well-Known Member

81ooMFOi0QL._SX355_[1].jpg These are the ones I use as far as it goes.

• Like Like x 1
  6. gemma_T1

gemma_T1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Brilliant I’ll be heading off to Boots as soon as I’m back in UK. I was really worried about swimming with Libre, but various people including you have given me the confidence and the info to go back to it!

Thankyou!!

• Like Like x 2
  7. CranberryIce

My local boots did not stock them- so ordered some from good old Amazon.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook