Switching to TandemX2

Maryam_Alam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello. I have a question if I can get some help I'll appreciate

I am on a Veo754 pump, having a whole lot of issues with my management and thinking of switching to a new pump. I want to ask does insurance (mine is Cigna Global) cover for getting a 2nd pump and cgm or supplies? I got my first via insurance as well. I have a prescription from my doctor to switch to another pump, besides the prescription what else is needed to be eligible for switching to another pump? A1c is fine, my model doesn't give time in range either, due to constant sensor issues Medtronic here in our country ain't much supportive we don't have an established customer care here yet, I have been getting faulty sensors and Mio sets since forever and I am tired of it now my money wasted replacements not sent plus the faulty sensors mess with my basal which gets suspended my sensor data is totally different from my bg data most times and my mental health is being effected. I am not sure if I switch my pump It'll be convered by insurance or not. What else can I do contact the insurance provider or any suggestions that I can get.

I'd appreciate any help that I get here TIA.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
I’m in the uk so it’s different here

I would think this is a question for your insurance

But I doubt you’d get a second pump.. if it’s the same as in the UK you are almost married to the pump and can’t divorce it for 4 years

Maryam_Alam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I am in Pakistan we don't have a government insurance. It's an individual plan actually. Thankyou for answering though means alot

Maryam_Alam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I’m in the uk so it’s different here

I would think this is a question for your insurance

But I doubt you’d get a second pump.. if it’s the same as in the UK you are almost married to the pump and can’t divorce it for 4 years
I am using this pump for about 7 years now, is switching available after 4 years or one pump per person kinda thing?

Peter03

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It seems to be different in each country here in France, I have my pump on a monthly rental so I can change my pump whenever I like, which is good when a new pump comes out, the Medtronic 780 is only just coming out here so I think I will change it soon but I may go for a different pump and sensor system, I know a lot of people prefer the owning the pump for 4 years then change it.