Swollen Foot..advice needed

emmaw_13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
spiders, ants, wasps, ignorant people, people with no manners.
Hi I know it was posted a while ago but 2 weeks ago I did some intense exercise to help my neuropathy (had for 3yrs) in my feet while exercising I got a sharp pain and a spasm couldn't walk very well after, next morning my foot was extremely bruised some one at work said it looked fractured so off to a & e I went for them to say it was badly bruised even telling them I had neuropathy next day was even worse so back to a & e I went for them to say its just badly bruised did have an X-ray the first time I went and showed nothing. Anyway went home rested it ice ect. Went to exercise class again and luckily my diabetic nurse goes weird I know but she said it looked like Charcot and booked me into foot clinic next day. When I got there she had a look at it and my X-ray but she couldn't see anything I needed an MRI to confirm anything so had to be put in an air cast for precaution and been signed off work absolutely devastated my scan is next Thursday and don't no how long results take I'm scared stiff I have it worst part is now my ankle is swollen on my good foot I'm hoping its just because I have extra pressure on it for non weight bearing on the other I'm only 26 any helpful advice would be a blessing xx

david+puddle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
your instead of you're!
I was diagnosed with neuropathy in March and prescribed pregabalin. 150mg tablets twice a day. My feet have swollen to the extent that I can not get into my shoes. I am 69 and not very active. All my GP would say was that all old people get swollen feet and ankles. How much is known about pregabalin?

emmaw_13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
spiders, ants, wasps, ignorant people, people with no manners.
Hi are you still having issues with your feet? Sorry for a very late reply