Symptoms

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Hi,

I'm experiencing continous tingling feeling in my right foot. I also have around 10 skin tags on my neck.

I've not had a hba1c test yet so does anyone know if these 2 symptoms point more towards prediabetes or diabetes?

I've tested my fasting blood glucose late morning a handful of times with a finger prick reader but I'm not sure if that's a good indicator or not.

Thanks for any replies.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I'm experiencing continous tingling feeling in my right foot. I also have around 10 skin tags on my neck.

I've not had a hba1c test yet so does anyone know if these 2 symptoms point more towards prediabetes or diabetes?

I've tested my fasting blood glucose late morning a handful of times with a finger prick reader but I'm not sure if that's a good indicator or not.

Thanks for any replies.
Hi @861 ,

Welcome to the forum.

No one on the forum can diagnose you, I’m afraid.
The general advice would be at this stage. Go see your doctor.

That would confirm for you. Either way..

Good luck.

• Agree
Reactions: EllieM

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

Thanks for any replies.
They might be symptoms but there’s no way to predict results based on that alone. Pinprick readings can vary throughout the day and depend on what food and when, activities, illness, tiredness, stress and a dozen other factors. Obviously they are extremely high or way higher than circumstances suggest is sensible then it’s not a great sign. Go get the hba1c and find out for sure what’s happening

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Appreciate the replies.

Highest fastening pin prick reading I had was 6.5

Booked in to see the doctor next week.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Appreciate the replies.

Highest fastening pin prick reading I had was 6.5

Booked in to see the doctor next week.

Your doctor should be your first port of call.

If you are empowered with knowing what you could be dealing with? There is always somebody ready to help.