T1 and Slimming World

Mercedes88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,
Ever since I was diagnosed with T1 about 9 years ago I have put on a lot of weight. In total 6 stone and have since struggled to loose any of this.

I was thinking of joining slimming world and wondered if anyone with T1 has experience with slimming world and how it effects your bloods etc?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated x

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @Mercedes88 :)

Do you count carbs and adjust your insulin to match your foods? If you do and are confident doing this, you should be ok, but if you're in any doubt about whether it's suitable for you it may be best to check with your DSN.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Reactions: 4 people

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi,
Ever since I was diagnosed with T1 about 9 years ago I have put on a lot of weight. In total 6 stone and have since struggled to loose any of this.

I was thinking of joining slimming world and wondered if anyone with T1 has experience with slimming world and how it effects your bloods etc?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated x

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

Hi @Mercedes88 sorry I've just seen your post. I do slimming world and am type 1, I don't find it causes problems with my bg as long as I carb count and give insulin to cover what I'm eating, people tend to see slimming world as a carb filled diet, which it can be if that's how you chose to do it, but there is lots of different options to suit different needs, it's about finding what works for you :)

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app