1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

T1 comprehensive tracking app

Discussion in 'Insulin' started by KatieLou, Jul 19, 2021.

1. KatieLou

KatieLou Type 2 · Member

Hello!
    I've just started using insulin and I'm looking for the best app to track everything in one place....basal, bolus, food, exercise etc.
    I'm currently using the freestyle libre sensors, Nutracheck and my fitbit but I'm finding it all a bit confusing so looking for recommendations....

What does everyone else use to track?
    I'd really appreciate your advice

2. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

All those things can be tracked in the Libre app if you use a phone and most of them can be if you use the reader.
    The app automatically transfers your data to LibreView, where you can view them on a pc, if you use the reader you can upload manually to LibreView.

• Like Like x 1
  3. KatieLou

KatieLou Type 2 · Member

Thanks! I'll play around with the app a little more. I can find the function for logging carbs but nothing to help me calculate the carbs.....thinking this along with a carb counting app is the way to go.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

Ah, no, it doesn't calculate the carbs!
    I'm a sloppy carb counter myself, not weighing food and estimating carbs, so I've never felt the need for an app. I do see how it could be useful though :)

5. Harrysdad

Harrysdad Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Before moving to a pump I used a really good app called RapidCalc.

6. searley

searley Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

For me I found not all carbs are the same.. some work faster/slower etc so have slightly different effect on me. along with the fact that not all meals come with exact carb values

So I used the carbs and Cals app to advise me roughly what’s in the plated food

Along with food labels.. over the that 10 years I’ve got very good at looking at a plate of food and deciding how many grams of carbs are there and most of the time I’m right..

And I just learn over time what foods need treating slightly differently

In the first 6 months i logged everything.. then found no one really cared so I stopped.. now I just keep computer records from the devices I use

I’m not great at maths.. can get along.. but am good with numbers… more in the sense I remember numbers really well

If you are different and struggle keeping track of numbers etc then the carbs and cals app might be worth a look

But I often just ask Google ‘how many carbs in’

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook