T1D new meter

Besty W

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, I'm currently using a trueyou mini, however I need to replace it as the case it damaged.

I test 5-6 times a day. Has anyone got any recommendations that are on NHS prescription

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
All the Accu-Chek meters are very good, before moving to a pump I was using the Accu-Chek Aviva Expert meter and before that I was using the Contour Next meters (which were equally as good).

Art Of Flowers

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I got an Accu-Chek Mobile from my diabetes nurse and a prescription for consumables.

Besty W

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Does anyone know if the Bayer test strips are available, I've applied for a free contour next meter so I can track on the iPhone

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Does anyone know if the Bayer test strips are available, I've applied for a free contour next meter so I can track on the iPhone

Yes they are available on prescription.

Coopsman1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Highly recommend glucoman areo 2k or the freestyle optium neo due to small size

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I like and use the Accu Chek Aviva Expert as it gives you bolus advice and can be customised to your needs for different times in the day.

The only thing it doesn't test is ketones which I was given a Freestyle Optium Neo for and a modest amount of strips if I need them.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Received a new Optium Neo today. Seems like a nice, compact meter.
Wanted to see how it compares with my slightly older Optium Xceed.
Set both meters side by side, strips in, lanced finger and applied blood to both meters.
Was expecting some difference in results but amazed to see both meters give exactly same reading, have since repeated this test and again exact readings.
Feel confident using new meter.

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I would strongly recommend the Dario All in One Smart meter. It's not only a fantastic size, but the smartphone app is also fantastic.

Strips and lancets are available on the NHS, and at last check, slightly cheaper than those which are typically issued (Glucomen, etc).