porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
What's best a type1 tattoo or medical bracelet
Medical bracelet is cheaper and doesn't hurt at all :)

I have T1D tattoo on my wrist.....isn't that one of the first places a paramedic looks/goes for to check your pulse??

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Excuse the oil....still in work
1537362113689.jpg

Reactions: Cumberland

crazyhenlady

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Keep it simple and easily seen by anyone trying to help if you are not able to speak.
Paramedics will check your pulse here and see a tatoo and be able to give glucagon if necessary
1538170640730.jpg

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Keep it simple and easily seen by anyone trying to help if you are not able to speak.
Paramedics will check your pulse here and see a tatoo and be able to give glucagon if necessary View attachment 29651

I thought the same as you with the paramedics....Will tag @Mel dCP who is training to be a 1st responder she will tell you why paramedics don't tend to pay any notice to tattoos

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
IMG_0378.jpg

Had this done about 8 years ago

Whenever I go to get blood taken the nurses always look and say what a good idea

Reactions: porl69

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I thought the same as you with the paramedics....Will tag @Mel dCP who is training to be a 1st responder she will tell you why paramedics don't tend to pay any notice to tattoos
Paramedics don’t take a tattoo as gospel because so many people have them done in honour of a loved one who has a medical condition, or while drunk. These can often be in very similar designs to the ones people have posted so far - “type one diabetes” written on somebody’s arm could be because their kid or SO has it. Easily confused with “type one diabetic”. Apparently a surprising number of people get stuff like this inked on as a drunken dare, which is rather worrying...

Reactions: Dodo and porl69

crazyhenlady

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Well I can only hope they would check blood glucose and see it's low and respond accordingly...It would give them a hint if nothing else!!!

Reactions: Dodo

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Well I can only hope they would check blood glucose and see it's low and respond accordingly...It would give them a hint if nothing else!!!
They do, when they’ve done the really important stuff, like getting your heart and breathing going. No need to know the BG of a corpse...

Reactions: crazyhenlady