zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We agreed with the mods to use T1ED - Type 1 Eating Disordered

This is all new, it will take a while to acclimatise
Hmm and no-one thought that some men might think it meant T1Erectile Dysfunction ? Just my mind then obviously....

Look I'm not really finding fault here, I think it's great that this section is on the forum, it's just hard when a newbie posts on this forum by mistake and doesn't realise what they have done 'wrong'. I well remember not knowing how to choose the correct forum for my first thread.

Reactions: Dodo

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Also... It would be helpful for Type 2s to have an eating disorders sub forum.

@zand - no, not just your mind. :) Both me and Mr Chook thought the same as you.

Reactions: zand

jacqfromdwed

DWED Support
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
T1ED has been shorthand for a while, its also the name we're changing the charity to. Totally agree with the type 2 subforum but as my speciality is T1EDs it's not something I would be able to moderate

asortafairytale

DWED Support
Staff Member
Regardless of the 'T1ED' being confusing or not, should the fact that the sub-forum is 'diabetes and eating disorders' not indicate that this not about erectile dysfunction? You just have to look at the name of the forum you are in, which will also come up when you view new posts.

As many of those that will be using this forum will be DWED members then they will be entirely familiar in ED=eating disorder.