T2 and my sugars are rising....

dwelldon

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello,

My recent HBA1C test has come back as 62, which has risen from 50 this time last year. Before christmas it was 57 and I was convinced that it would be the same but it's not. This year has been stressful for more than just covid, as we have adopted two kids in this time. My stress has increased and my sleepless nights as well so that is going to have some affect I know.
I am currently taking 4mg of Glimpiride as this seems to be the only medication that my body will tollerate. I was taking this on a morning but as my bloods were high on a morning I have started to take this on an evening instead, which has made some difference in the past couple of weeks.
Going down from average on morning to 8.2 which I know isn't great but it's a step in the right direction. I have no problems with my sugars really in the daytime as my averages are around 6.2 and that to me seems fine. I exercise regularly, I am only 70kg and slim. So there is no issues with weight, in fact probably could do with adding some.

But my question is, are there any places that do meals or plans that I can subscribe to, I aren't a cook and I already eat a fairly basic diet and I am looking for recommendations.

Speaking to the nurse this morning, if things don't improve I could be looking at insulin and that is not a road I want to travel in all honesty.

Thanks in advance.

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello,

My recent HBA1C test has come back as 62, which has risen from 50 this time last year. Before christmas it was 57 and I was convinced that it would be the same but it's not. This year has been stressful for more than just covid, as we have adopted two kids in this time. My stress has increased and my sleepless nights as well so that is going to have some affect I know.
I am currently taking 4mg of Glimpiride as this seems to be the only medication that my body will tollerate. I was taking this on a morning but as my bloods were high on a morning I have started to take this on an evening instead, which has made some difference in the past couple of weeks.
Going down from average on morning to 8.2 which I know isn't great but it's a step in the right direction. I have no problems with my sugars really in the daytime as my averages are around 6.2 and that to me seems fine. I exercise regularly, I am only 70kg and slim. So there is no issues with weight, in fact probably could do with adding some.

But my question is, are there any places that do meals or plans that I can subscribe to, I aren't a cook and I already eat a fairly basic diet and I am looking for recommendations.

Speaking to the nurse this morning, if things don't improve I could be looking at insulin and that is not a road I want to travel in all honesty.

Thanks in advance.
Hi there, what sorts of food do you eat in your current diet?

dwelldon

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
An example would be

Breakfast
Black coffee
Scrambled egg and ham

Lunch
Prawn salad
Skyr / Greek yoghurt with berries