T2 and won't live long

anniep

Good luck with your meal planning. Does you daughter test her blood or let you test it? because that really is the best way of finding out what will and own't effect her, we are all different and for good control what helps her best will need really to be worked out from her own body.

I understand how she feels about chapatis, I found it so hard to do without my bread but how is she with rice?. There was a thread her this week about basmati rice, some people find that the brown basmati rice in moderation does not effect them badly - it might be worth a try for her?

Annie

sugar2

That sounds delicious!

I would just like to add though...don't make it just for her, make suitable food for her, for all teh family. I can tell you that there is nothing quite like sitting down to a meal, and watching everyone else eat something that you are "not allowed" to make you rebel. (Or matbe that is just me! :oops: )

iHs

Hello Nile :)

Back in 2008 DUK together with Lifespan (bg meter manufacturer) issued a paperback booklet entitled 'Carbs Count' - A guide to carbohydrate counting and insulin dose adjustment. The booklet used food from English, Asian and Chinese diets. Its really good and helps people work out their insulin dose for the food they are going to eat. If you phone DUK and ask them to send you a copy (free of charge) I'm sure they will oblige if they still have copies available. 020 7424 1000.

The type of carb diet that I recommend is one that keeps your weight at a level it needs to be and at same time enables people to balance up their insulin by eating sensible amounts of food. :wink:

nilemthakrar

Hi Annie

My daughter tests her own BG. Thanks for your advise on brown basmati rice. I will try it for the whole family and see how she gets on.
iHs,
I called up for the carb booklet. They only did that for short period and do nt have any copies. What a shame. It sounded brilliant idea.

anniep

Hopefully if some of these family changes work and she sees results she may be encouraged to try more.