TAKE THAT CONCERT NORWICH

vic hill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
WELL WHAT A NIGHT .
having been bought tickets by our son a xmas gift .
we set of for norwich on thursday afternoon got to park and ride about 4 -30 on bus to bus station .
at bus station we bought some sandwiches and coffee as we thought it would be busy at the ground and cost of food overrated .
but what i had not taken on board was the 30 min s walking to the ground which it took and as we got by the station i then had to put my pump to zero and take on board glucose as b/s 4.5 as at the snack at bus station it was8.0 b/s.
then we had to get i line with every one else to be check in to carrow road .
all ok just said to the guys on security i have got insulin pump /b/s monitering gear no problems .
in the ground was a free water point which we took fluid on board that was at 7 pm
but the event was just great superb stage performance left at just before 10 40 to get the bus another long walk back to bus station checking b/s and having extra carbs on way .
2 thing learnt unexpected walking and the stress of getting in put my blood sugars on low so pump was only on 10% all night so next t time will wear a FRRESTYLE LIBRE and to hell with the cost piece of mind is best ..
great great show superb organisation sec /and police good
take care vic val hill 59 years on insulin and kidney transplant alive thanks to NHS

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I'm glad you had a great time.

I once saw Robbie Wiliams in the mid/late 1990s doing punked up TT covers with a session band at Glastonbury..

Is he back with Take That?

vic hill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
no there was a rumour that he may turn up ROBBIE WILLIAMS but it did not happen but still very good
on a much sadder note .did you hear that a doctor who attend the glenfell tower fire took along prescriptions pad to give out to diabetics who had lost every thing in the fire i.e. insulin ,test strips &machines syringes ect .
great simple things must have been a joy to see a person .get back on track with all his/her insulin not knowing were to go .
ps just a happy little story in very bad place .
well done to all
vic