Takeing BG. And carb intolerance

Lilliepop

Hi. When IS the best time to take BG one hour after or two hours after? I can't do both it's too expensive I have to by the accu-check lancets they are expensive.so have to choose one or the other. When I first started checking BG it was two hours, never heard of one hour is this something new?

Another thing I wanted to say is what do people think about carb intolerance? I think I have been carb intolerant for years. Carbs have always knocked me out but it took me a long time to realise it. Just fall asleep, when I was at work used to feel terrible after lunch, sandwiches ect that was over twenty years ago. I'm pre diabetic but am I? Or is it carb intolerance.

volorg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dessicated coconut
Hi Lilliepop, at the risk of sounding unhelpful, it depends! If I am feeling high sugar after an hour of eating I will test to check if a particular food has set me off. high carb makes me sleepy too. On a normal day I test after two hours. I have had to reduce my testing as my doc won't give me a regular supply of strips but I like to test my morning sugar to see how that is doing.

It also depends on the level of control you are going for. When I was pregnant I had to test after 1 hour to make sure my sugars were within the required range, but there is a much greater emphasis on tight control when pregnant.

If testing after two hours is working for you, I'd stick with it.

Hope that helps!