Taking wrong insulin

Douglasw

I have just injected myself with the wrong insulin, the fast acting one, sitting with sweets and juice to prevent myself having a hypo and going to recheck blood sugar levels to make sure that I am ok, not a good night for me so far, need my holiday to recharge my batteries

Fndwheelie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you know how many units you gave yourself you maybe able to calculate how many carbs you need to head off the hypo and allow yourself to get some sleep. If you’ve caught your error really quickly something like toast might be better. Kinda treating it like an extra meal rather than fighting the raging fire with a kids water pistol.

Douglasw

I work night shift so I am awake all night my colleagues are aware of what I have done and they will look out for me as well, thanks for the advice, great help for me

Reactions: Fndwheelie

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, I hope you are okay. I guess it’ll be a nice force fed munch session for a few hours. But keep monitoring and take continuous small sips of juice or coke instead of cramming everything in.

Fndwheelie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well maybe not as bad as it could have been then. Imagine injecting the wrong insulin just before crawling into bed after a long shift. Stay safe and have a good shift considering.

Reactions: Douglasw