tandem x2 slim

D

Deleted Account

It’s been given its CE Mark so depending on which hospitals have taken it. I read some areas have it. I really really want it, I think this could be life changing for me and my allergies to long acting insulin.
Out of interest, why do you think the Tandem x2 is more likely to solve your long acting insulin problems than any other pump?

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Please do and let me know. I will be in contact with my rep as well regarding download of dexcom /tandem
Hi @boxing, my Tandem rep and the main office in Sydney, say that Tandem is considering the transparent reservoir. It is a little more complex than the Medtronic and Animas cartridges because of the bag holding the insulin inside the plastic outer means thee are two surfaces to make transparent and be able to look through. The other thought was whether the transparent section needed to be the whole length of the cartridge and inner bag or just near the top section where any bubbles will travel when the cartridge is held vertically. Best Wishes!!

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hi @RachaelRodgers. Like @helensaramay, I cannot see why use of only short-acting insulin could not be provided by any of the approved insulin pumps!

Last edited:

boxing

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Pump
I also spoke to our rep in SA. They will be downloading the dexcom/tandem now only in March. We work in mmol.

carlc4

@boxing Have there been any updates regarding Dexcom G6 and Tandem integration? I'm hoping to move to the Tandem system in the next few months but notice on the UK site it is listed as the G5 version.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hi @carlc4 Just letting you know in Australia, G6 is unlikely to be here until next year !!

carlc4

@kitedoc Ouch! Hoping to speak to the rep in the next few days, but as they are marketing it as G5 integrated I can't imagine G6 will be in the near future or it would have made more sense to hold off the launch for a short while.

Thanks for the reply!

DunePlodder

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I moved to the X2 recently & already use a G6. I've been told "Soon","Spring", "Next couple of months" or "by June". Take your pick!!

Reactions: kitedoc

boxing

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Pump
@boxing Have there been any updates regarding Dexcom G6 and Tandem integration? I'm hoping to move to the Tandem system in the next few months but notice on the UK site it is listed as the G5 version.
Sorry I never got back to you, but at this stage I am still bugging them. I know it was promised at the end of December. I would never have got the tandem otherwise

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
The G6 approval comes with the Basal-IQ and Over the Air approvals, from what I understand, and there's a bit to wait on that CE Mark. Hopefully you'll see it by the end of June.

TheAncientOne

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bad cooks
Will Medicare paid for a pump? and how much will they paid part or hole and what would be a good pump to buy?

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Will Medicare paid for a pump? and how much will they paid part or hole and what would be a good pump to buy?
I have no idea because you're from the states? in the UK, we can't buy pumps because it is prescription items. maybe you can contact your insurance or pump company?

boxing

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Pump
I like the app a lot, I like to read other people's stories and give my say once in a while. I never know how to read my messages.
Regarding your question I made contact with the distributor yesterday and they said possibly within the next 2 weeks. It has been approved for South Africa. But I am not holding thumbs until it happens. Too many promises

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hi, I am thinking of going on this pump. I’m in west wales
Best Wishes and keep asking about any queries you have !!
It is all about balance!!
P4220890.jpg