1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Technology

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by bushbri, Feb 13, 2017.

1. bushbri

bushbri Type 1 · Active Member

I am after some views on tech and apps for general management of Type 1 with a high cholesterol thrown in for good measure

I use a Freestyle Libre and will sync this with the app (when it connects up) and am keen to use apps as much as possible in as seamless a process as can be

What do you use and what do you find works best
    All guidance appreciated and if you the the time to respond I will take the time to read and review

Thanks

2. col101

col101 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I use a libre but use the reader not a phone. If you're interested in tech and apps there is a Facebook group called libre geeks that may be right up your street! Good luck with it

3. CapnGrumpy

CapnGrumpy Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I'm using a 'recycled' Dexcom G5:
    G5_recycled.jpg

It talks directly to my Sony Smartwatch 3 (the one on the right):
    watches.png

That forwards the data to my phone and the xDrip+ app:
    xDrip+.png

Which is calibrated by a Bluetooth compatible meter (OK - not working at the moment):
    contour.png

The phone then forwards the data to a cloud-based database that feeds into a NightScout site which keeps track of last insulin/Dexcom sensor/cannula change etc:
    ns.png

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. bushbri

bushbri Type 1 · Active Member

Thanks and will take a look

5. tim2000s

tim2000s Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

I use much the same as @CapnGrumpy with the addition of one of these:

FullSizeRender2.jpg
    This is an Artificial Pancreas system that uses the other components shown to manage my glucose levels without my intervention. More information is available here: http://www.diabettech.com/looping-a-guide

6. CapnGrumpy

CapnGrumpy Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Fixed the Bluetooth meter issue - found weird stuff in the xml settings file and deleted the 'nul' bit:

meter_error.png

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook