Tee2 v Aviva

84green

I have recently bought a Tee2 to replace my Accu-Chek Aviva - mainly because of the cheaper testing strips.

My Aviva was OK and my self tests over the past few weeks (generally 5 - 7 mmol/l) were in line with my latest HbA1c of 38 mmol/mol.

I started using the Tee2 ten days OK but since Friday it has started giving some readings higher than I was expecting. So, for the last two days I have used both meters and find that the Tee2 is always between 0.5 and 1.2 higher than the Aviva - from the same sample.

For example, Tee2 was 5.4 this morning (I didn’t cross check). Two hours after eating some yoghurt, grapes, flax and chia seeds followed by an hour of pilates, Tee2 showed 7.3. From the same sample, Aviva showed 6.4.

Anyone had similar experiences? Thanks.

Last edited:

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
They are not lab grade machines and are allowed to be 15% either side of the true result.. obviously the lower the number the closer the will be... pick one and trust it

The tee2 will be close enough for good home control.. if you prefer the aviva then you’ll have to accept spending a little more on strips

Reactions: 84green

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I find the Tee2 to be far more accurate and in line with what I was expecting at the lower end of the scale than the higher - I use it as a backup meter to my Caresens Dual (both are made by the same company.) and don't get too worried about the numbers in that capacity. I would be more reluctant to trust it as my main meter to get the reading to calculate insulin dose when high.