Tee2+

sindybird

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Hi everyone, can someone help me, I have just been asked to use a Tee2+ to monitor my blood glusose during the day.

The problem I have is, the test result number is shown on the display after the countdown, but then once the unit is switched off and on again a different number is shown.

example... 6.6mmol/L shown after the count down, then once the unit is switched back on and the test strip is removed 5.6mmol/L is displayed as the saved reading.
Again this is just an example.

Confused I am, as why the unit is giving and saving two different readings. I have follwed the insructions and testing myself three times a day.

Hope someone can help.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Think this might be your one day average you are seeing. If it is it should say 01 day avg at the bottom of the screen. Hit the top left hand key (as you are looking at the screen) to scroll 7 day, 30 day, and 90 day averages. Hit the bottom left key to scroll though individual numbers.

Welcome to the forum by the way.

sindybird

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Thank you for the welcome and thank you for your reply, I shall give that a go and see if anything changes.
I have got the unit set to one a day average.

Last edited:

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When I initially did a lot of testing I used a spreadsheet to work out averages. That way you can avoid recording false readings, if say your finger was dirty, or you want to measure other members of the family out of interest. Also I think it would be more instructive to separately average fasting, pre-prandial and post-prandial readings and then average the result if you want an overall result.

sindybird

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Thank you Mr_Pot, I am still getting used to the unit and have only been using it since Friday.
I take it the number flashed on the screen after countdown is the reading you log down. I have no idea what averages would be or mean and I always make sure I wash my hands, in hot water, so my fingers are slighty warm as I have very weak skin.
I have been told just to test three times a day, before and two hours after breakfast, before and two hours after lunch and before and two hours after dinner, this is just to prepared for when the diabetes team contact me and go through my history etc.

Last edited:

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The Tee2 will link and sync with an app called SmartLog. Then all you need do is hold the meter near to the phone and it will download all the readings and maintain your averages etc.
I forget how many reading it will hold but it more than enough for one day at a time. And also if you have pressed a wrong button you can change some of the data when it has been downloaded, for example change a pre meal reading to show it was post meal.
I love the clear way it gives me my information, and apart from the finger pricks and making sure the meter is sometimes on or near my phone, thats all I have to do

sindybird

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Thank you MrsA2, after reading your reply, I will be putting the app on my phone.