Tendonitis Fascitis

Trinkwasser

Assimilator1 said:
Trinkwasser said:
Interesting stuff, I haven't (yet) had this one but have been prone to many minor but annoying things to do with connective tissue.

Long term keeping BG tightly controlled is probably the best plan, it's the glycation of the tissues which seem to be behind these issues. And yes, they can occur while you are at "not diabetic yet" BG numbers.

Care to expand on that? I have multiple problems with various joints & muscles, stiffness, aching, straining & joints clicking a lot. I don't know if there's any connection to my Type1 but I'll take in any info :)

Sorry my collection of websites and downloaded papers is undergoing maintenance at the moment but over time I've seen many threads like this concerning carpal tunnel, tenosynovitis, frozen shoulder and similar conditions, also various forms of arthritis, gout, pseudogout etc.

Common factors to many of these and other diabetic complications is the various damage mechanisms including but not limited to Advanced Glycation Endproducts (AGE, aptly enough), inflammatory cytokines (including those put out by body fat, principally in Type 2s), oxidative stress, and again principally in Type 2s hyperinsulinemia required to overcome insulin resistance, all alongside the direct and sometimes acute problems from BG spikes.

Then the factors interract, nerve damage worsens circulation, poor circulation worsens nerve damage etc, probably a good starting point would be

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/diab ... tions.html

Sherman

Hi, as I said I had real problems with Planta Faciitis ,I also have ongoing problems with Arthritc type problems,crunching joints,inflamation,spondylitis in the neck,same type connective tissue problems.I am constantly on Diclofenac supplemented by paracetaol/codiene mix.
I had Rheumatic Fever of the joints when I was 8 anyone else had that??
Anyway my understanding is that Type 2 Diabetes is an Immune deficiency type Illness as is Arthritis/Inflamatory type Illness so there could be a connection.

Trinkwasser

sugarless sue said:
Type one is an immune deficiency disease.

There are familes with people who suffer from a cluster of autoimmune diseases alongside Type 1.

It's less common with Type 2 unless of course it is wrongly diagnosed

The connection with Type 2 is mostly in terms of the inflammatory processes which have similar chemistry whatever their source, TNF-alpha and other cytokines. AFAICR some of the interleukins differ between Type 1 and Type 2 but the effects can be much the same on other tissues

Sweet3x

CalicoBec said:
Although I only got diagnosed yesterday, I already have a pair of crocs 'diabetic' shoes because at the time I thought, well i share a lot of the foot problems diabetics have, i might aswell have some, was wise thinking with hindsight seeing as i am now diabetic lol Anyway, here is a link to them:

http://www.cosyfeet.com/crocs-cloud-com ... p-546.html

I have found them to be really comfy and now i wear them all the time :)

I looked at those and thought they were a great idea. Just one thing makes me not get them - they don't come in 1/2 sizes, and being 7 1/2 means the 6-7 isn't big enough, and 8-9 is too big :( I have a fair few friends who wear them, though, and rave about them.

stuartclose

Hi I originally started this topic off by quoting my Dr. as saying I had tendonitis Fascitis and she duly booked me an appointment with the Physiotherapist.

Having gone to my appointment on Friday it transpires I have inflamation of my metacarsol (not sure of spelling) in the ball of my left foot and on further examination he tells me that my knee and left hip are in a bad way, my muscles are weak, my right side is perfect, so exercises many times a day and return visit this week.

so anyone else out there with this.

regards, Pauline

purplekat

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, X Factor (and all similar shows), soaps (corrie, east enders etc), hot weather
Hi Pauline, can't help you with the new diagnosis from the physio, however thank you for starting this thread - my Dr has referred me to podiatry with suspected plantar fascitis, and reading through the replies above has given me loads of information that will be of use (I'm fairly certain it's what I've got, from what's been said above!)