Test results after 1 year of type 2 diagnosis

Amine83

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to share my experience to everyone, I just came back from the clinic after a full blood and ultrasound check up.
I'm 38 years old, normal weight with high visceral fat at diagnosis a year ago.

I'm sharing my results in comparison with last year's results:

* Hba1c from 72.7 to 34.4 (which is non diabetic range)
* Triglycerides from 2.03 mmol/l down to 0.93 mmol/l (normal range)
* LDL Cholesterol from 4.39 to 3.1
* HDL Cholesterol from 1.18 to 1.78

Vitamin D - Normal
Thyroid function - Normal
Kidney profile - Normal.

Ultrasound showed complete clearance of visceral fat (particularly liver and pancreas fat).

I had 2 problems.
Prior to going for the check up, I was very ill because of the Moderna vaccine second shot. Also, I was extremely nervous and anxious about the results. I'm always extremely stressed when I go to doctor and my BP (which is always normal in normal days) was over 150/80 and heartbeat above 130/min!

So my fasting blood sugar came high - 8.3 - never had this number since I started testing (I always have fasting BS between 5.3 and 5.6 (occasionally to the 6's when I start to move before breakfast).
Also, my white blood count was a little under the normal range of 4 (it was 3.85 for me). The doctor told me that it's clinically not significant.

I'm overall very happy with the results (especially with the drastic drop in Hba1c but concerned about the fasting blood sugar. Hope it was only due to high level of stress.

You inputs are valuable!

Thanks,

Reactions: Sad21+

Amine83

Just forgot to tell that I followed a low carb version of a Mediterranean diet with no meds or insulin! I focused on veggies, few low glycemic fruits, fish, beans, nuts, seeds, healthy fats (olive oil etc.). No junk, no processed, no fried foods at all! Also, a lot of walking and gym 2 times a week.

Reactions: Sad21+

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I think you are a poster boy for this way of life and your results speak for themselves including the hba1c which bely your odd high bg (judging by your heart rate you were pretty stressed a this point or had had a triple expresso too!).
I hope you are feeling okay and motivated to continue!

Amine83

I think you are a poster boy for this way of life and your results speak for themselves including the hba1c which bely your odd high bg (judging by your heart rate you were pretty stressed a this point or had had a triple expresso too!).
I hope you are feeling okay and motivated to continue!

I was extremely stressed and anxious. And honestly I was not totally fasting (6 hours before the test I had 2 panadols because of fever from the vaccine, and 3 hours before the test I had hot chocolate with unsweetened cocoa powder which should not impact blood sugar!).

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was extremely stressed and anxious. And honestly I was not totally fasting (6 hours before the test I had 2 panadols because of fever from the vaccine, and 3 hours before the test I had hot chocolate with unsweetened cocoa powder which should not impact blood sugar!).
While on the Libre free trial recently, I had a very stressful yet fully fasted time. My bg throughout was raised way above normal during the times of stress but was normal both before and after, so yes, I think it was the stress, and possibly the vaccine reaction that raised yours.
Your hba1c was brilliant and shows so much more than that 1 fasting test. 34.4 woohoo!