Test strips

tozol

Hi Just to add my 2p's worth and hopefully get any tips, didn't want to start what looks like an already touchy subject on strips.

Anyway recently diagnosed T2 about 3 months ago now, and as all I suspect completely shocked and scared, and have a million and 1 questions, none more so about testing, meters, strips etc., and yes you guessed it, I can not tell you how much against giving me any type of meter my doctors are going to.

So much so, after recommendations of this forum I managed to get a free metre, and ACU one I think, it came with 25 free strips, and I thought great, especially when I see a slip of paper saying tick this box take to your GP to get strips on prescription.

Nope , no chance, all I was given was another lecture on why T2 testing is not needed, whilst my personal views completely disagree with this, and on top of my very recent marriage break up, and find myself alone, confused, and somewhat annoyed.

But it goes a little further, I won a very nice meter 2 weeks ago a contour, which actually came with 50 strips, and again off I popped to a different GP one of the best in my practice, but again Lecture time.

My personal views on testing are this, I just need to monitor my own levels so I know how my changed (single man) eating habits are now effecting me, I'm on Metformin daily, and I will say I got a few readings the other night of over 9.5, again as a noob as such I probably have no grasp of what is right or wrong, I know my average recently has been around 5.5, so i was alarmed at these high readings.

Sorry to go on a bit, but I feel actually so let down by my practice, such things as, after my first meeting with the so called "diabetic" nurse, promised eye test/feet test..all of which still received no information at all on, all I have is a 3 monthly visit due soon, to which I have to arrange my own Hospital blood test.

Have to say for the first time in over 30 years with my GP I'm staring to question a move, something we all know is a very difficult choice, but I will say my treatment so far has bordered on being pathetic.

thanks for listening.

julian

smitha48

Hi All,

Just thought i'd open this long term thread up a bit if thats OK. :!:

I was in Hospital last week and when asked if i was diabetic i replied yes, diet and exercise controlled.
I was having an Angiogram, but they (the nurses) spent most of the day (5 times) taking BG readings from me. I pointed out that my GP and DSN had both stated that T2's don't need to test, and the response was we disagree.

Seems Heart nurses disagree with DSN's :?

C'est La Vie

Tony