Type 2 Testing meters

phlox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
My doctors practice have changed the prescription on expendables from Bayer to GlucoRx. GlucoRx have sent me their starter kit consisting of GlucoRxQ meter and Lancing device. But, I had serious problems downloading the software, GlucoRx Voyager software onto my desktop computer, having to turn off firewall protection in order to install it. Now I have a problem getting the software to recognise the meter. The adoption of this new system is important as it seems that the NHS will in the future only be supplying the GlucoRxQ testing strips on prescription. Has anyone else experienced these problems?
Thanks for any advice

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Have you obtained the correct PC-Link cable for your meter from GlucoRx ?

phlox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Have you obtained the correct PC-Link cable for your meter from GlucoRx ?
Yes, they sent me a new cable but the problem persists. Curiously I am able to setup on my notebook computer but this is not very convenient. But at least we now know that the problem is related to my desktop.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Yes, they sent me a new cable but the problem persists. Curiously I am able to setup on my notebook computer but this is not very convenient. But at least we now know that the problem is related to my desktop.

I can see that you turned off the firewall to install the software. Have you determined whether your computer can see the device when the firewall is switched off?

I once spent an hour and a half on the phone with Menarini Tech Support trying to get my PC to recognise the GlucomenX meter. Didn't manage to get it resolved and gave up.