Testing strips

Nattyobtype2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi im type 2 i was given a machine and the chist gave me wrong strips she gave me bayer contour instead ov bayer contour next i dont know what to do with these strips as i opened the box so its not sealed the tub is still closed but what shoul i do with them i know someone could use them

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Hi welcome.

You could sell them on EBay, explaining the circumstances.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If they were on prescription, the chemist should swap them, if there has been a dispensing error. It's a pain if strips are so meter specific.

Robbie Type 2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi im type 2 i was given a machine and the chist gave me wrong strips she gave me bayer contour instead ov bayer contour next i dont know what to do with these strips as i opened the box so its not sealed the tub is still closed but what shoul i do with them i know someone could use them
Hi, did you manage to swap the wrong strips? Hows the machine going? Remembered getting my machine given to me by diabetic nurse feels weird at first but then after a few weeks it becomes a useful routine at knowing where your bloods are at! Good luck. Rob

stephiesut

Hi, did you manage to swap the wrong strips? Hows the machine going? Remembered getting my machine given to me by diabetic nurse feels weird at first but then after a few weeks it becomes a useful routine at knowing where your bloods are at! Good luck. Rob

I changed meter last month and got given the wrong strips. If they were wrong on the prescription, your gp can reissue the prescription. If the chemist gave you the wrong strips, they will have to reissue them. Id go back to the chemist and ask them to double check the prescription and see where it went wrong.