Testosterone and blood sugars

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
A quick google suggests testosterone improves blood sugars by increasing insulin sensitivity.

Has anyone got experience of this?

Sorry Admins, wasn't sure where to put this.

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
After 30, most men begin to experience a decline in testosterone.:banghead:
Just saying. ;)
:bag:

depends if they inject it or not ;)

But I understand what you are saying, I was asking more to see if anyone might have had experience through injected testosterone.

There is no Spoon

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
But I understand what you are saying
For once in my life I was trying not to be long winded. :meh:

Just wondering if there was a correlation between testosterone levels dropping with age and average age of T2 diabetics from posting on here you realise there are a lot of us over the age of 30. ;)

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
For once in my life I was trying not to be long winded. :meh:

Just wondering if there was a correlation between testosterone levels dropping with age and average age of T2 diabetics from posting on here you realise there are a lot of us over the age of 30. ;)

Ahh yes there is stuff on google that indicates potential links!

Testosterone levels also decline in men with age. ... Testosterone replacement therapy in men with low testosterone levels and Type 2 diabetes has also been shown to make them more sensitive to insulin, improve their blood glucose control and cholesterol levels, and help them lose weight.Apr 27, 2007
Low Testosterone Levels and Type 2 Diabetes - Diabetes Self ...
https://www.diabetesselfmanagement.com/.../low-testosterone-levels-and-type-2-diabetes...

bamba

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Testosterone is "the" male hormone.

If diabetes were more likely by it's lack then more women than men wold suffer - by default.

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Testosterone is "the" male hormone.

If diabetes were more likely by it's lack then more women than men wold suffer - by default.

I know, I'm Trans and wanted to know what the effect of injecting T would be on my type one before I go and ask for it.

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well medical doses of steroids in general are suspected as causing a rise in blood glucose, particularly corticosteroids. see https://www.diabetes.co.uk/steroid-induced-diabetes.html

There is an old message about anabolic steroids here ...
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/anabolic-steroids-diabetes.10916/

I believe testosterone is anabolic.

Thanks, it seems T does increase sensitivity to insulin and its likely I will need to monitor and reduce insulin accordingly.

Railman74

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Ignorance of gp's about sufferings of diabetics
I have to have 6wkly testoerone injection and find my levels up and down like crazy

bramas

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
I believe that, since being sick can cause blood glucose to rise, it may also follow that low testosterone, might also do that? So that testosterone replacement might tend to improve glucose numbers?

Railman74

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Ignorance of gp's about sufferings of diabetics
I believe that, since being sick can cause blood glucose to rise, it may also follow that low testosterone, might also do that? So that testosterone replacement might tend to improve glucose numbers?
Thanks bramas its certainly gd to hear that ive been on injections for over a year and no change but my gp thinks a double dose may help re balance things for the rest of you guys out there i totally get it and how difficult it is to