Testosterone levels and prediabetes

Phdpaul

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello,

Apologies for my long post but I wonder if you could offer some insight to the questions posed at the end?

I was diagnosed with prostate cancer at 41 which has resulted in me being subject to drugs that have stopped all production of testosterone for the last 14 months. During this time my cancer has gone into remission :wink: but consequently I’ve put on 3 stones in weight and I have now been diagnosed with impaired glucose tolerance :cry: . Metabolic syndrome was likely to be a side effect of my medication regime so I have now stopped this in consultation with my oncologist. I am now on a low carbohydrate diet (which I started some weeks ago), exercising daily and taking my blood glucose 3-4 times a day. My blood glucose in the morning pre-breakfast is between 6.4 -7 but all other blood glucose readings are normal – pre-meals it is between 4.2 to 5.3, 2 hours post- meals it’s 7.2-7.6.

I had read with interest the thread dealing with the association between low testosterone and diabetes. In fact, I have read a large number of the forum postings over the last couple of weeks in conjunction with a couple of books.

However, my questions are will my morning blood glucose levels return to normal once my testosterone levels returns or has the cancer medication started a process that will result in me eventually becoming diabetic (obviously if I was to do nothing).

Many thanks in advance,

Paul. :thumbup: