Tests for RH

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hmm, that is very interesting, Brunneria. I would throw a fair bit of money at it! I could afford the monitor and two or three sensors to see if anything is going on. Is it pretty easy to use? I am reasonably tech savvy, but at the moment I'm not very well. Is the sensor easy to fit properly? And the graph easy to read?

I would need to download the data I suppose so that if it does show something I can pass it on to GP/endo.
Have a look at the Abbott Libre website.
There are videos on the site showing just how easy it is to apply/use.
You can read the libre using a lot? Most? Modern smart phones.
The graph is really easy to read.

but don’t rush into it.
Read up, do your research, and see if you think it will suit you.and whether you can source everything you need.
No point shelling out on sensors if you aren’t absolutely sure that you can get it up and running.

Last I heard, Abbott weren't letting new customers buy online - supply can’t meet demand, apparently.
Yet sensors can be bought in some UK pharmacies and supermarkets... worth ringing round to see which of your local shops would supply you.

If you decide to go for it, make sure you are certain that you know whether your phone will work, and that you understand the process.

Just remember, a glucometer will give you info. It is just that a Libre gives more.

Reactions: Lamont D

SarahTee

G'day folks,

I just wanted to drop back in briefly with an update. I ended up purchasing a basic blood sugar monitor, and was able to establish that my readings were in the normal range, despite my persistant feeling of fatigue that "felt like" low blood sugar.

Well, my condition isn't sorted out yet, but I have made important progress by discovering that it is caused by low blood volume.

As my symptoms seemed to point towards dysautonomia, and had a lot in common with POTS symptoms apart from the tachycardia, I had been working my way through POTS interventions (with the approval of my GP). Finally I hit the jackpot when a salt and water bolus (drinking a large-ish amount of water and taking in salt over a short period) resolved my symptoms. The effect of a salt and water bolus is to raise your blood volume, so now at least we know what the problem is.

It's not all plain sailing yet. I am having trouble working out the right dose, and I still need to have investigations to see what is causing the dysautonomia symptoms. I may end up taking medication, or using a different intervention. I do feel hopeful that the culprit has finally been identified; now to persevere with treating it.

I just thought I would post this here in case it was of interest to anyone else, and I also wanted to thank everone here who read my posts and kindly offered support and information.

Thank you!
Sarah

Reactions: MrsA2