thank you all ref blood results

James2

Hi
over a year My HbA1c has come down from 91 to 47.
i cant find my last cholesterol levels but these are my latest ones and they are lower
my total cholesterol is 4.1
serum triglycerides 1.8
serum HDL cholesterol is 1.17
serum cholesterol /HDL ratio 3.5
non HDL cholesterol level 2.9
i would be nice to say the diabetic doctor and nurse have helped but they have been useless,my original diabetic doctor who gave me the diagnosis just gave me the meds and when i asked questions her response was "I did not wont to get in to specifics" ! i switched GPs and have concluded that within my catchment area i am stuck with staff who are not helpful , i just have the blood tests and collect my meds and get the feet and eye tests
this forum and the wonderful people on it have been a revelation so a big thank you to everyone as it is you who have given me the signposts and information i so badly needed ,i dont post much but i follow the forums.
i would like to say i hit the gym as often as recommended and stick to the right choices with the low carb and high fat diet however both are work in progress
best wishes
James2

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Well done @James2 these are great results. Congratulations on your achievements

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done James.
I've got my HBA1C down over the last year from 97 to 37. I learned loads from this forum, I'm sure that if I hadn't found advice on here I would have ended up on medication.

Keep up the good work

Reactions: Prem51

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done James, those are wonderful results. You should be proud, and I suggest a little celebration. :)

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Great HbA1c and cholesterol figures @James2, well done! :)
Hopefully you will reduce the HbA1c even more and be in the non-diabetic range by your next test.

Reactions: ziggy_w