Thank you

ashette

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have had my second hba1c test results yesterday. Since November 15 it's dropped from 49 to 39 and I've lost a stone. The doctor was pleased and asked how I'd done it - I explained I'd followed a low carb diet and tested my blood glucose levels to check what I could and couldn't tolerate.

Having had absolutely no advice from my gp other than to "be really focused about losing weight" I know I wouldn't be in this position without the advice and support you gave when I visited the forum so just wanted to thank you all as it has made a big difference to me. I've not posted much but found it really helpful to read others comments and helped keep me on track even when I was fed up not being able to eat 'normally'.

Reactions: 9 people

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
I have had my second hba1c test results yesterday. Since November 15 it's dropped from 49 to 39 and I've lost a stone. The doctor was pleased and asked how I'd done it - I explained I'd followed a low carb diet and tested my blood glucose levels to check what I could and couldn't tolerate.

Having had absolutely no advice from my gp other than to "be really focused about losing weight" I know I wouldn't be in this position without the advice and support you gave when I visited the forum so just wanted to thank you all as it has made a big difference to me. I've not posted much but found it really helpful to read others comments and helped keep me on track even when I was fed up not being able to eat 'normally'.

What wonderful news. Congratulations:)

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Great reductions @ashette, well done!:) Did you GP have anything to say about you adopting a low carb approach to eating and self testing?

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done. It is demoralising when there seems to be little support but you have done really well. I was slim to start with and have now lost one and three quarter stones so am underweight but if I eat things to put weight on my BG goes way up; it is a struggle sometimes but we keep going to try and avoid all the nasties if we don't control our glucose levels.

Reactions: 2 people

ashette

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great reductions @ashette, well done!:) Did you GP have anything to say about you adopting a low carb approach to eating and self testing?

He seemed interested and positive but you never know if they're just trying to encourage you I guess!

I never seem to see the same doctor so may not get the same reception next time. I've got a follow up hba1c in 6 months so guess I'll see then what they say.

Reactions: 2 people

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
He seemed interested and positive but you never know if they're just trying to encourage you I guess!

I never seem to see the same doctor so may not get the same reception next time. I've got a follow up hba1c in 6 months so guess I'll see then what they say.

Take it as a positive win, press on and then crush them with your next HbA1C:). BOOM!!

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app