THANK YOU!!!

M

mammamia2006

So, I have been diabetic for 25 years, I am 29.

Growing up, my mum was in control of things but then I moved into my own place when I was 17 & the control was non exsistent.

I survived eating anything I wanted, drank (far too much) & ONLY did my Lantus for many years.

As of the start of May, I decided it was time to FINALLY take control & actually look after myself.

My HbA1C on May 4th was 120, I thought it would be worse!!

Anyway, with the help from wveryone on this site, with one person in particular (I wont name them), I have now got an HbA1C of 43 (was at clinic on Tuesday.

I just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone for your help and support. I would have given up ages ago if it wasnt for all the lovely people on this site

Reactions: 8 people

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
that is a real turn around @mammamia2006 .

well done to you !!:)

and this is a fantastic community we have here == long may it proper !

Reactions: 4 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow! What a result. Who was more astonished, you or your Doc/nurse?

As a matter of interest, do you feel any different with your bloods under control?

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
One massive turnaround :) Well done !!!!!!!!!!!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
That's is such great news, well done and I hope the road ahead will be a more positive one and a happier one, long may it continue :)
With my very best wishes RRB.

Reactions: 8 people
M

mammamia2006

Wow! What a result. Who was more astonished, you or your Doc/nurse?

As a matter of interest, do you feel any different with your bloods under control?

Definitely me lol. Dr was shocked that as soon as I split my Lantus, I dont hypo anymorw.

I actually feel a million times better now, actually have rnergy to do things instead of sitting anout feeling tired & drained.

Stopped snacking & only eat 3 meals a day. Put on a bit of weight but because I have a lot more energy I can actually do something about it. Even treated myself to a new bicycle after clinic on Tuesday but cant use it tet because I am an idiot who forgot to but a lock for it :D

Reactions: 5 people