That Hypo Feeling

Bluey1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who try and make Diabetes the centre of the party and poor me, I'm special because I have diabetes now everyone run around after me.
I know everyone's experience of a Hypo is little different. I normally have excellent Hypo awareness, but tonight I have that hypo feeing, but the CGM and 2 different blood glucose meters say I'm 7.5 - 8.8 mmol/L, but I have a serious hypo feeling, (apprehensive, nervous, feeling jittery basically all over (my hands and limbs feel as though they are shaking sort of like shaking on the inside, but reasonably stable when I hold my arms out) and a feeling of foreboding) and feeling a little confused. I'm normally around 3.5mmol/L for this sort of feeling, I don't sweat and shake and I'm totally confused until I'm much lower approx 2.5mmol/L. It's at night and my normal routine without stress or any reason to be feeling the way I am. I also have a very sweet taste of something like honey in my mouth. I have not had anything sweet (except an Extra over 8 hrs ago) and I have had tea since then with nothing sweet, steamed vegetables etc.
I have been feeling like this for hours and swapped test strip batches as I really feel about 3.0 mmol/L, so needless to say I feel horrible.

Does anyone have any suggestions why this is the case?

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Hi Chowie, I confess I’ve not come across the sweet taste in the mouth feeling before. If your symptoms had been a short-lived precursor to a hypo then that would make sense as sometimes they arise before a meter registers low bs.
Is there anything else that you can think of that would have caused what you’re experiencing something you’ve eaten? Chemicals you’ve been close to? Wildlife?
If they don’t resolve soon is there a helpline you can phone? In the U.K. we have one that gives medical advice and calls a paramedic to you if you need one.

D

Deleted Account

I sometime feel like this after recovering from a bad hypo.
It's as if my body needs some time to spot that my BG has risen.

Alternatively, it may have nothing to do with diabetes - I certainly get used to blame everything on diabetes that I forget there are other things out there to bite us.
I have blamed flu symptoms on "dodgy insulin" not working properly only to realise, the insulin was fine but my body was not.

Bluey1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who try and make Diabetes the centre of the party and poor me, I'm special because I have diabetes now everyone run around after me.
Thanks for your replies. I haven't had a hypo for about 3 days and it was a ripper at 2.2 according to the CGM and meters. I woke up sweating and really confused - my pump / CGM woke me. I'm in Oz, I have stayed up very late to see what is happening and I'm very stable, a little higher than I would like, but my CGM connected to my pump is about to expire, so I will fly blind for the rest of the night (it takes about 3hrs to get it going again), so a little high 6.9mmol/L is a real good number. I don't blame D for anything it doesn't deserve, I'm lucky and I have only taken 1 sick day in the last 2 years off work and I have never used D as an excuse to get out of anything. This could be totally unrelated to D, but as I have never had this before and it's my text book medium hypo heading to a bad hypo, I find it really hard not to believe there is no connection. If I'm not feeling better in the morning I will find a Dr (unfortunately I'm working interstate so I can't see my normal amazing Drs).