Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I was an avid baker before diagnosis but it took about a year for me to finally clear out the cupboards of all the different types of sugar, dried fruits, three or four types of flour, syrup, treacle etc etc. You are doing well to reduce temptation right at the beginning, well done.

Shem S

I was an avid baker before diagnosis but it took about a year for me to finally clear out the cupboards of all the different types of sugar, dried fruits, three or four types of flour, syrup, treacle etc etc. You are doing well to reduce temptation right at the beginning, well done.

Thank you. I’m back to work on Friday so if I don’t do it now, the opportunity will be lost. Everyone’s help and support is really spurring me on too.

Carpe Diem

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Thank you. I’m back to work on Friday so if I don’t do it now, the opportunity will be lost. Everyone’s help and support is really spurring me on too.

Carpe Diem
Carpe Diem, indeed.

Reactions: Shem S

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I permanently live with a kitchen full of carbs, never mind a fridge full! I don't get much choice in the matter as I have a high carb husband. When I originally tried a clear out there were only one or two items specific to me that I was able to dispose of, as he wanted everything else. I learned very quickly just to ignore what I shouldn't eat...

Robbity

Reactions: Shem S

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I learned very quickly just to ignore what I shouldn't eat...
I tend to regard those things as non-food along with the bin liners and what have you in the supermarket. My husband is the 'couldn't care less' type, and gets away with murdering any type of food, but fully understands my choice, and supports me.

Reactions: Shem S and Robbity

Shem S

I permanently live with a kitchen full of carbs, never mind a fridge full! I don't get much choice in the matter as I have a high carb husband. When I originally tried a clear out there were only one or two items specific to me that I was able to dispose of, as he wanted everything else. I learned very quickly just to ignore what I shouldn't eat...

Robbity

I have just, for the first time in living memory, turned down a biscuit with a cup of tea.

Reactions: JoKalsbeek