The code free tester arrived

Pogel

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,
The code free arrived today. I put it on the table and ignored it for about 3 hours. I then got it out of the packaging and sat giving it dirty looks for about 20 mins, then read the book.

I have to say I was a bit scared of doing the first test, not only because I was worried about the result, but also the lancet (needle, come on, its a needle!).

I am hoping I have used it correctly, I was wanting to do a pre meal test, but not sure if I got it right, I can't remember if the apple was showing on the screen but the blood droplet on the screen was flashing so I went ahead and pricked my finger and did the test. It was over 3 hours since I had eaten.

I am not sure what to say, it read 6.3, yes, I am really hoping that it is correct as I was diagnosed at 18.8 three weeks ago after a fasting test at my GP's.

If anyone else is a scaredy cat like me and haven't used their tester yet, please take it from me, it really is ok. Me and the code free are not best buddies yet, but I think we will build a good working relationship.

Pogel

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I like injections/needles, Yes I'm weird.
Well, I am not sure I have met anyone else that would say they like injections, but from your sig it looks like you have had quite a lot of them. Good that you are on good terms I would say :)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done! It is quite an adjustment, incorporating testing into your life, but it looks like you are off to a flying start :)

Reactions: Pogel

Dinet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Terrified by needdles too by i was helped by 2 tips:
(to increase circulation) before testing :
wash hands with hot water
Or
Rub hands rigorously.
I still hate prickling my fingers but it hurts less.
Hope it helps.

tigerlily72

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well Done Pogel. I was a total needle phobe. It used to take at least one nurse and a couple of Drs to try and find a vein. I remember on one occasion lots of people prodding me and making me even more stressed and faint. They gave up on that occasion - I was probably labelled as a complete nightmare to attempt to draw blood from!

However, this was a few years before my diabetes diagnosis. There's a really fab nurse at my surgery who makes me feel at ease. Well, as at ease as you can be when someone is about to stick a needle in your arm!

I couldn't even self test with my code free to start with and my hubby had to do it. However, last Xmas after approx 4 months after being diagnosed, I took the plunge (so to speak) and it really was ok.

I now test myself if I feel I need to. I'm diet controlled so I've not been told to monitor by my DSN and my recent Hba1c and results were ok.

A good tip is to drink lots of water before a fasting or blood test. I try to ensure I drink around 2 pints in the morning and it works for me :)

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,
The code free arrived today. I put it on the table and ignored it for about 3 hours. I then got it out of the packaging and sat giving it dirty looks for about 20 mins, then read the book.

I have to say I was a bit scared of doing the first test, not only because I was worried about the result, but also the lancet (needle, come on, its a needle!).

I am hoping I have used it correctly, I was wanting to do a pre meal test, but not sure if I got it right, I can't remember if the apple was showing on the screen but the blood droplet on the screen was flashing so I went ahead and pricked my finger and did the test. It was over 3 hours since I had eaten.

I am not sure what to say, it read 6.3, yes, I am really hoping that it is correct as I was diagnosed at 18.8 three weeks ago after a fasting test at my GP's.

If anyone else is a scaredy cat like me and haven't used their tester yet, please take it from me, it really is ok. Me and the code free are not best buddies yet, but I think we will build a good working relationship.
Hi @Pogel I use the Fastclix from Accu Chek which you may find more comfortable