The dangers of seed/vegetable oils

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@lucylocket61 asked about evidence for this on another thread but it was requested to take the subject to a new topic as it didn't relate to the original topic and was derailing.

Dr Cate Shanahan is a great resource on this topic and there are a number of interviews/talks with her on Youtube. Here are search results: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dr+cate+shanahan+seed+oiils

Her commentary at the US Dietary Guidelines:

Nina Teicholz has also written and spoken on the topic. Here is one of her talks:

Tucker Goodrich on the Fat Emperor Podcast:

I hope others will add any other links they think are relevant too :)

Reactions: JenniferM55

AshleyEatly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes even before joining the low carbohydrate program - I had started reading about wheat grains oils that are liquid at room temperature and based on corn etc.
And went cold turkey on breads etc. started adopting a Keto approach and reversed my hbA1c to pre diabetic values very very quickly. Ignoring UK NHS diabetic nurse and doctor and the various nutritional advice courses that I was sent on.. Luckily there are doctors out there that do take an interest and read beyond the headlines of nutritional papers and misinformation.
Took me three weeks to get over my bread, pastry, sandwich, pasta cravings - but now I feel no pull toward these at all now - but I believe full fat no grains and oils - olive oil excluded - is the way - but hey unless you cook everything yourself - it is a minefield - seeds/vegetable oils - I believe the dangers..

Reactions: JenniferM55