The fear

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
No that isn't silly. I don't like the idea of Toujeo it just seems far too inflexible. It's a close friend of |Lantus, apparently.

I was reading about this yesterday, I can't find the link though, but night time hypos are more likely with Lantus, than with Levemir, which is why I've decided to go for the flexible option.

I don't know anything about Tresiba, what are people's experience of that?
I switched to Tresiba from Lantus in March. I thought the stability of it would be a good thing. However, two months down the line, I’m wondering if that was the best choice after all (it was at my request). I don’t do exercise, but one week a month (I’m sure you can guess which one ;) ) I’m a bit insulin resistant and need to increase both my basal dose and my bolus ratio. It seems to take two or theee days for a change in the Tresiba dose to take effect, so until I can pinpoint exactly which day I need to start increasing (and subsequently reducing) the dose, I spend a few days running high and a few days running low. I’m working on that just now. If I can nail the timings on that, I’ll be happy with it, I think. I do get a bit of a dawn rise, but I’m able to deal with that ok, and sometimes a late afternoon dip, but again, I can deal with that with a dextrose tab or two if I’m fasting, or a protein snack mid afternoon if I’m not. So on the whole I prefer it to Lantus, I think. I was getting more hypers and hypos with that, even with a split dose. The peak and tail of it added extra variables into my day that I could do without. The monthly variation issue with Tresiba is less of a bother to me than the daily variation of Lantus because I can correct reliably. I’ve got my next consultant appointment in September, so I’m giving myself until then to nail it before considering another change.

Reactions: Alison54321