1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

The Jury Is In!

Discussion in 'Success Stories and Testimonials' started by Heretic1, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Heretic1

Heretic1 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Well first 3 months full result.
    Hba1c - 44
    Serum Cholesterol - 4.3
    Trigl - 0.6
    HDL - 1.29
    Chol ratio 3.3

Still not testing, still having 'the evil four' - but in moderation (of course). Well pleased with that. PN and 'memsahib' also really happy! (PN was amazed 'if only they were all like you' she said - and got a big hug) just got to try to stop feeling damaged and broken now! and got to stay there now - but what I'm doing IS working! Re-show in December.

Off for a boiled rice baguette for lunch now!!! :woot:

Weathers looking good out there so bike ride here I come this PM with the. 'Mem :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. britishpub

britishpub Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Good stuff @Heretic1

There are many different roads, but we all want to reach the same destination.

3. Squire Fulwood

Squire Fulwood Type 2 · Expert

@Heretic1 If you are still eating "the evil four" I can't imagine what you must have been eating to get diagnosed. Do we get an insight into that?

#4 Squire Fulwood, Aug 16, 2016 at 3:39 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2016
  4. Heretic1

@Squire Fulwood
    Let's just say I was nutritionally ignorant .... Well perhaps oblivious! Here goes......, Chips a couple of times a week, takeaway Chinese probably once a week, toast most days for breakfast, sandwiches and pasties most days for lunch - oh and a few pints of Stella most evenings! - I know, I know disgusting .... Which is why I fully deserve to be where I am now and can blame no one else!
    Let's just say 'all change' now!

5. Squire Fulwood

Much of what you admit to is not really very naughty in the great scheme of things so to further your embarrassment and for the sake of complete openness may I press you to reveal how many pints of Stella per evening?

6. Heretic1

@Squire Fulwood
    4-5 tinnies almost every night!!!!! - and a good few nuts, oh and crisps as well!!!!
    I think I've had the equivalent of about 6-7 tinnies max in the last 3 months! 1 bag of crisps and no peanuts (well ok I now do a handful of Almonds and Cashews a couple of times a week - usually before a good 'Phys' session!!!

7. Squire Fulwood

Thank you for your honesty. I was beginning to think that a miracle had happened but now I see it's the tinnies and nuts.

8. walnut_face

walnut_face Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Think if I had that many Stellas a night I would be able to stay still for me bloods to be taken, would be wriggling in the gutter :D

9. Heretic1

:):)@walnut_face
    The funny thing is - or probably not so funny, is the fact that in my 'former life' I could drink an awful lot - with minimal effect - i.e. I could drink most people I know under the table! (not really something to be proud of I now know!)
    NOW having not drunk anything at all for 2 months, and then minimised and been very careful from theron in - a couple of pints now floors me .... as the 'memsahib' now says - I'm definitely a cheap date!

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook