Dislikes
Diabetes!
Well first 3 months full result.
Hba1c - 44
Serum Cholesterol - 4.3
Trigl - 0.6
HDL - 1.29
Chol ratio 3.3

Still not testing, still having 'the evil four' - but in moderation (of course). Well pleased with that. PN and 'memsahib' also really happy! (PN was amazed 'if only they were all like you' she said - and got a big hug) just got to try to stop feeling damaged and broken now! and got to stay there now - but what I'm doing IS working! Re-show in December.

Off for a boiled rice baguette for lunch now!!! :woot:

Weathers looking good out there so bike ride here I come this PM with the. 'Mem :)

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Heretic1 If you are still eating "the evil four" I can't imagine what you must have been eating to get diagnosed. Do we get an insight into that?

Last edited by a moderator:

Heretic1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes!
@Squire Fulwood
Let's just say I was nutritionally ignorant .... Well perhaps oblivious! Here goes......, Chips a couple of times a week, takeaway Chinese probably once a week, toast most days for breakfast, sandwiches and pasties most days for lunch - oh and a few pints of Stella most evenings! - I know, I know disgusting .... Which is why I fully deserve to be where I am now and can blame no one else!
Let's just say 'all change' now!

Heretic1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes!
@Squire Fulwood
4-5 tinnies almost every night!!!!! - and a good few nuts, oh and crisps as well!!!!
I think I've had the equivalent of about 6-7 tinnies max in the last 3 months! 1 bag of crisps and no peanuts (well ok I now do a handful of Almonds and Cashews a couple of times a week - usually before a good 'Phys' session!!!

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for your honesty. I was beginning to think that a miracle had happened but now I see it's the tinnies and nuts.

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Think if I had that many Stellas a night I would be able to stay still for me bloods to be taken, would be wriggling in the gutter :D

Heretic1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes!
:):)@walnut_face
The funny thing is - or probably not so funny, is the fact that in my 'former life' I could drink an awful lot - with minimal effect - i.e. I could drink most people I know under the table! (not really something to be proud of I now know!)
NOW having not drunk anything at all for 2 months, and then minimised and been very careful from theron in - a couple of pints now floors me .... as the 'memsahib' now says - I'm definitely a cheap date!