The Low Carb programme

sangha

Has anyone tried the low carb programme? It's expensive (for me) at £48 so I'm wary of signing up unless people out there rave about it. To be absolutely truthful I can't afford it. I seem to be getting lots of suggestions and adverts from them so I looked at the low carb bread book and it costs £15.99 for 23 recipes - this is SO expensive. It's not as if it's a big glossy hardback recipe book, it looks like something you'd get if you had a medical condition. Thanks for that.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
For low carb recipes, Google what you fancy, just put keto first. Thousands out there for free.

Reactions: AGC_68

Judy D

Keto Fitness Club on FaceBook (you don't have to be keto btw) has loads of really nice and free recipes. They do sell books but most of the recipes are freely available here.

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I joined when I was diagnosed- they have a 16 week programme of videos and advice, a large collection of recipes, a weekly menu plan for the 16 weeks which you can follow if you want to, plus a user forum where you can get advice from their team of low carb and nutrition experts as well as support from others.
Many of the new recipes are launched with videos or full written descriptions
I found it very helpful, although I know not everyone agrees.
In some areas you can get a prescription (an NHS voucher) to cover the cost but not all Trusts support it even through the National NHS does.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Has anyone tried the low carb programme? It's expensive (for me) at £48 so I'm wary of signing up unless people out there rave about it. To be absolutely truthful I can't afford it. I seem to be getting lots of suggestions and adverts from them so I looked at the low carb bread book and it costs £15.99 for 23 recipes - this is SO expensive. It's not as if it's a big glossy hardback recipe book, it looks like something you'd get if you had a medical condition. Thanks for that.
Try this. It is free and inspired by David Unwin's work and is a low carb GP practice in the UK .
https://lowcarbfreshwell.co.uk/
Includes an app and meal planner.
I also like Diet Doctor and a certain amount is free or here of course!

Reactions: Dr Snoddy