The pill .

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey :)

I'm currently still on my contraception pill . As I haven't been on folic acid that long yet .
When I'm due on bm readings go all over the place . I got told this was something to do with what was in the pill I was taking .

So my question is , what happens when I stop taking the pill , will my bms go all over the place all the time , as at the moment I have good control .
Was just wondering if any one had experienced anything like this or has any advice Untill I can make an appointment with the pre conception clinic .

Thank you
:p:p:p

K8tie_x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I used to find I went low when I was due on I think it's common for readings to differ when your on, DSN said some people need more insulin some need less.
If I was you I'd stop the pill and use condoms I found the pill took a good few months to get out of my system.
Are you on a progesterone only pill? I've just been given Cerelle today I was on the combined pull before having Freddie though :s

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I used to find I went low when I was due on I think it's common for readings to differ when your on, DSN said some people need more insulin some need less.
If I was you I'd stop the pill and use condoms I found the pill took a good few months to get out of my system.
Are you on a progesterone only pill? I've just been given Cerelle today I was on the combined pull before having Freddie though :s

That's what I experience I go low , then my readings start creeping up so up insulin back to normal .
I've fount the pre conception as I mentioned but rang everyday waiting for them to get back to me to book an appointment . Was told they would ring me Monday but nothing .
Yeah as I haven't been to the clinic yet I haven't even been told what to do with the pill ,so I may take your advice .
I'm pretty sure I'm on a combined pill , the pill I'm taking is called cilest . Oh that's strange lol .
Thankyou for your help .
:):):)

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Once you stopped taking your pill did you find much difference in your bm levels ?

K8tie_x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think it took about 3 months for me to have a period and I was just desperate to get pregnant so every week seemed such a wait. Then when your not pregnant that month it's another wait.. The waits awful I know so if you can do anything to speed it along this is about all you can do that's in your control. If your hoping to get pregnant soon I would stop it but obviously be very careful till your safe to start trying as you never know you may get caught straight away x

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh did it really , yeah I can imagine actually the whole waiting process it's annoying waiting for stuff in general let alone something this important .
Yes will always be very careful Untill I've got the go ahead and know I'm in the best health possible .
Thank u for letting me know .
:):p:)