Crocodile

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I can't have it often
Hi Everyone,
Just back from the quack for my quarterly blood test and HbA1c. Lowest reading ever at 5.7 but still want it a bit lower. Last one was 6.1. I'm currently down to 88.8 kg from a high of 106. On the not so rosy side my cholesterol is up by a big margin. Expected this due to cutting carbs down to only 60 g per day so naturally the fats and proteins are up. Pretty well feasted this last 3 months on salami, sausages, cheese and so on.

I've got the carbs sorted out now so now I can work on the fats and fat ratios. This test was HDL = 1.7, LDL = 3.8 and trigs = 1.0 so I think I have a good chance. He did start me on the lowest dose of statin possible which I whinged about. I listened because he has been such a fantastic GP over the years and did say to monitor and review it at the next test. Hope everyone here is getting good results.
Glenn

Reactions: lindijanice

Crocodile

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I can't have it often
@Crocodile

Pop your cholesterol numbers in here and see if you want to change your mind about taking the statin
http://www.hughcalc.org/chol-si.php

It all looks good to me.

I agree that they are not dangerous but they are borderline and on an upward trend. No doubt that I can bring it down with a more sensible diet. The statin dose is the lowest possible one and will be reviewed at the next visit. For a non-diabetic they are good. Something that Hugh doesn't account for. His divisor for trigs also should be 88.67, 38.66 is for the lipids only.
Glenn

Reactions: OrsonKartt