The SCREAM thread

S

Sable_Jan

Screaminggggggggggggggg, I just found these awards,

1. Mercilessly Dedicated
    You've posted ten thousand messages and received five thousand likes. You are a great human being.

2. 50
    Awarded: Today at 5:40 PM
    10,000 Posts
    You must really like it here! It's okay, we like you too.

3. Ooooh I'm so excited....................... I could jump off a dolls house, yay :happy:
or Crush a grape?

Reactions: 4 people

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
You've had a "brown sticky stuff day" and you are allowed to have a good SCREAM.......

Hope you didn't damage the new hip... I've had both replaced and at times they drive me nuts itching inside - I guess where the internal scar tissue is... drives me nuts enough to want to scream even though I know I'm lucky to have them
I have been fortunate with both knee and hip,no problems at all.

Reactions: 5 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
You've had a "brown sticky stuff day" and you are allowed to have a good SCREAM.......

Hope you didn't damage the new hip... I've had both replaced and at times they drive me nuts itching inside - I guess where the internal scar tissue is... drives me nuts enough to want to scream even though I know I'm lucky to have them

Aaaww pat, you just have a great big SCREAM, let it all out, tomorrow's another day, but watch that head please and try and have a restful and peaceful nights sleep X

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Robbity.
How do you make them? and whats erythritol.
The ciggie craving has gone,had it for three hours.
@Patricia21
There's a whole scone thread here on the forum - I have my strawberries and cream with shortcake though.

Erythritol is a natural sweetener and is the one that seems, with stevia, to be best recommended for diabetics, as it's low carb, very low calories, and is good for baking, and generally doesn't cause any runny bums. I get mine from Amazon and use both a "brown sugar" version for baking, and an "icing sugar" one for sweetening cream and fruit if required. it's pricey though.

Robbity

Reactions: 6 people
G

gemma6549

As I posted in the wrong thread hours ago....:banghead:

Clotted cream and strawberry jam with mine, just for the record.

Reactions: 6 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As I posted in the wrong thread hours ago....:banghead:

Clotted cream and strawberry jam with mine, just for the record.
I assume jam's OK if you are on insulin, but it's killer sugar for many type 2s trying to manage just with diet or pills.:(:( But at least the cream, clotted or otherwise, goes down a treat...

And please stop it, you're making me hungry now.... I feel another scream coming on!

Robbity

G

gemma6549

I assume jam's OK if you are on insulin, but it's killer sugar for many type 2s trying to manage just with diet or pills.:(:( But at least the cream, clotted or otherwise, goes down a treat...

And please stop it, you're making me hungry now.... I feel another scream coming on!

Robbity

I know I have always said I sympathise with type 2's because it's actually harder for them to control blood sugar.

I'm not actually going to have a scone, just a virtual one for now :)

rowan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
But weeds are just flowers growing where you don't want them ;)
Got some lovely dandelions growing at the front of my house.... a lovely, lovely bright yellow.... when the flowers have died off I will pull the plant up for my grandrabbits

When I say weeds I mean bindweed, ground elder, brambles, cleavers, couch grass, have inherited the lot in my new garden! :(

Reactions: 2 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I know I have always said I sympathise with type 2's because it's actually harder for them to control blood sugar.

Yes it always appears odd to me that those who are the worst off insulin wise have the means for better control than those who otherwise have less serious issues. I used to feel slightly envious, but having learned more about living with type 1 I wouldn't choose to swap places for all the cream and strawberry scones in Devon & Cornwall! :p

Robbity

N

NicolaB70

oooh, gawd, yes you've had awful trouble with that haven't you
Yeah we have Jan but fingers crossed and everything else without tempting fate, I think we have found someone to do the job. He came and had a look on Saturday and phoned last night and said he was doing quote and wanted to clarify a couple of things then email it to us. Quote should be in hubby's inbox now. Even better, he said he can do the leaky shower tray this week but do the toilet another time as that's more of a complex and longer job. Now its a case of emailing Tesco the quote and getting the ok from them to go ahead and get it done so they can pay for it

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Yes it always appears odd to me that those who are the worst off insulin wise have the means for better control than those who otherwise have less serious issues. I used to feel slightly envious, but having learned more about living with type 1 I wouldn't choose to swap places for all the cream and strawberry scones in Devon & Cornwall! :p

Robbity

Type 1 for 26 years and I don't eat scones, or jam, can send my BS bonkers, can't cope with the very sweet stuff, so coming out in sympathy ,:arghh::p

Lexa_x

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just had a ten minute lecture from my boss about how I shouldnt be eating chicken skin. Wouldnt grasp the lchf concept. :banghead: