The SCREAM thread

S

Sable_Jan

My son has received 4 years of paperwork regarding my 10 year old grandson, He has read 15 pages and he has been sick and cried, he is devastated and now he has just read that the mothers partner has been charged with battery against one my granddaughter's and my little grandson was shot with a BB gun by the partner, I can't believe I am writing this, I can't believe this is happening and I am in bits, feel sick and so angry against Berkshire social services, I am absolutely heartbroken, how can a service that is supposed to help and keep children safe still be operating in this way, I feel so much hatred right now for SS and no one is here but me, why, why, why did my little grandson and his sister suffer so much, why ??????????????
I can only offer hugs as I struggle with the thoughts of what's happened to your grandchildren and all that has been done is to record it..
And you there on your own with your teen away on hols and Ed away spending time with his grandchildren....

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Is there anyway to can go to your son? @Robinredbreast . Is he local? You could both support each other, right now? Or give it a few hours and call him back to check he is ok for a bit more chat.
I hope he has some support right now too. ♡♥♡

Reactions: 3 people
N

NicolaB70

My son has received 4 years of paperwork regarding my 10 year old grandson, He has read 15 pages and he has been sick and cried, he is devastated and now he has just read that the mothers partner has been charged with battery against one my granddaughter's and my little grandson was shot with a BB gun by the partner, I can't believe I am writing this, I can't believe this is happening and I am in bits, feel sick and so angry against Berkshire social services, I am absolutely heartbroken, how can a service that is supposed to help and keep children safe still be operating in this way, I feel so much hatred right now for SS and no one is here but me, why, why, why did my little grandson and his sister suffer so much, why ??????????????
I am sending you big hugs Robs. That is truly appalling, I can't believe that all this still goes on in SS after the reports you hear in the news over the years. Sending love to you and your son xxx

Reactions: 3 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I think I'd be saying a few words as well, if it were my kids. Can your son not get custody? Or is this what the paperwork is about?

Big hugs, whatever the situation.

Thank you, yes he is going for custody if he can and also suing social services, but my little grandson is a very disturbed little boy, I don't know how my son is going to get through all of the paperwork and stay calm and sane?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I am sending you big hugs Robs. That is truly appalling, I can't believe that all this still goes on in SS after the reports you hear in the news over the years. Sending love to you and your son xxx

Thank you Nicola, I can't believe what is happening, I feel numb, as though I am looking down on it as a third person, if you can understand what I mean. X

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Is there anyway to can go to your son? @Robinredbreast . Is he local? You could both support each other, right now? Or give it a few hours and call him back to check he is ok for a bit more chat.
I hope he has some support right now too. ♡♥♡

He is a couple of miles away and is trying not to break down, I have yet to read what he is reading. But we are in constant contact, thank you x

K

Kat100

Thank you so much, no one is here, teen is in Italy, my son is at his home, trying to take it all in. The mother denied the assault with a BB gun, apparently, BB, is 'ball bearings' she said it didn't happen, bruising was seen. My son said he is having a cup of tea right now, then he might go out for a walk, we were both crying on the phone, but he shouted and swore said some words about the pair of them. We have found out my grandson is in Margate Kent.
Sorry to read and hear this Robs at @Robinredbreast
Can't imagine what your going through right now ..
Sending love and hugs ..
We are all thinking about you and your family X

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I can only offer hugs as I struggle with the thoughts of what's happened to your grandchildren and all that has been done is to record it..
And you there on your own with your teen away on hols and Ed away spending time with his grandchildren....
Thank you Jan, it's just one of those things, but I am trying to keep busy. My son has had re occuring nightmares, about being locked in a cage and his ex wife and her partner are there with my grandson and................... well my son is shouting, screaming, crying and kicking at the cage to get out to his son, he kicked the wall so hard it's damaged and he wont go to sleep now. I told him to go his GP and his GP has given him some pills and offering counselling x

Trachet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Curry. Rude people.
Thank you Jan, it's just one of those things, but I am trying to keep busy. My son has had re occuring nightmares, about being locked in a cage and his ex wife and her partner are there with my grandson and................... well my son is shouting, screaming, crying and kicking at the cage to get out to his son, he kicked the wall so hard it's damaged and he wont go to sleep now. I told him to go his GP and his GP has given him some pills and offering counselling x
I so feel for you, your son and the children caught up in this nightmare. I can't get my head round how normal people could treat children like this. I cannot even imagine how you and your son are feeling. Just to let you know that we all love you and are here for you. Lots of hugs x

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I so feel for you, your son and the children caught up in this nightmare. I can't get my head round how normal people could treat children like this. I cannot even imagine how you and your son are feeling. Just to let you know that we all love you and are here for you. Lots of hugs x

Thank you so much, your kindness means such a lot x

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
@PatsyB Just been off on holiday and dogs & I had a great time. Owner of farm we were on had 3 whippets (mum, daughter, & son) so my young collie spent a week playing with the mini-pack around the farm buildings.
Awesoome I am pleased you enjoyed ...... I am stressy this week as put my cottage up for sale why you may ask I am asking the same question see since we got a caravan so we can take the dogs on holls with us it has been stored on my mums drive...my hubby now wants anpother house with a big enough drive to put the caravan on....cottage went up a week ago and had a few to look and even got one doing a second vicit today. I should eb pleased but when I look at my cottage then at the work that needs doing on the other cottage we found for same price I might add it makes me cringe......so shakes head am pondering what do I do arghhhh

Reactions: 4 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Can you and your son communicate on the welfare and needs of your grandson with authorities and caregivers? Can you ask for updates on the help and care he is getting? Can you ask for training in how to deal with nurturing a child who has gone through what he has gone through? If you cannot do those things, can you get together with your son and plan for what to do when custody occurs?

I think your grandson deserves you after all he has gone through and that things will work out but am so sad you have to wait.

Morning, we have just found out about my grandson, 3 weeks ago, so we will need to take things very slowly and hope one day, we will be able to visit him and then go from there. A lot has happened to the little boy and he is traumatised. We are back in court on September 2nd. My son doesn't want me to the documentation, about the size of two of our phone books, but I want to read them, I need to read them. Then I will write letters to the Social service involved and my MP.
The lady who was grandsons independent guardian, whom we talked to at the 1st hearing and has gone. No explanation as to why, just disappeared, a new guardian worker has been appointed and my son has has not received any contact from the social services care worker dealing with the case !! Everything and everyone appears to have gone quiet.
Thank you for your kindness Galja.

Reactions: 4 people

Trachet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Curry. Rude people.
Morning, we have just found out about my grandson, 3 weeks ago, so we will need to take things very slowly and hope one day, we will be able to visit him and then go from there. A lot has happened to the little boy and he is traumatised. We are back in court on September 2nd. My son doesn't want me to the documentation, about the size of two of our phone books, but I want to read them, I need to read them. Then I will write letters to the Social service involved and my MP.
The lady who was grandsons independent guardian, whom we talked to at the 1st hearing and has gone. No explanation as to why, just disappeared, a new guardian worker has been appointed and my son has has not received any contact from the social services care worker dealing with the case !! Everything and everyone appears to have gone quiet.
Thank you for your kindness Galja.
I wonder the reason it's gone quiet is down to summer holidays? As much as they are nice they can also be a pain. Hopefully in September it will be a bit easier to sort things out. x

S

Sable_Jan

Awesoome I am pleased you enjoyed ...... I am stressy this week as put my cottage up for sale why you may ask I am asking the same question see since we got a caravan so we can take the dogs on holls with us it has been stored on my mums drive...my hubby now wants anpother house with a big enough drive to put the caravan on....cottage went up a week ago and had a few to look and even got one doing a second vicit today. I should eb pleased but when I look at my cottage then at the work that needs doing on the other cottage we found for same price I might add it makes me cringe......so shakes head am pondering what do I do arghhhh
Sounds like you don't really want to move