"The Truth About Carbs"?

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
@SockFiddler It would be very interesting to get 14 days CGM tracing from all the children at his school and compare to report of problems from teachers and care staff. (Use system that blinds the staff and children to CGM results until end of 14 days, so the staff notes can be trusted.)

SockFiddler

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh, I'd LOVE to do that, but see about 6,000 issues with it, including consent and funding.

But it's very clear that when he eats better, he sleeps better, he feels better, he's more resilient (emotionally and physically), and as a result of better rest and improved general health, he's more able to cope with setbacks and the unexpected, is more likely to try new stuff out and generally feels better about himself.

I can't imagine why that wouldn't be true for anyone else, too.

The one thing that's perpetually made me sad since I started on the Low Carb Trail is the constant need to "prove" common sense. Even now, with my "normal" HbA1c, slimmer figure, increased energy, better outlook and general sense of well being, people still feel the need to say to me "Where's the proof?" (as if you'd say that to someone following a strict diet because of religious beliefs?).

I used to get flustered and launch into a great rant about how carbs break into sugars and blah blah. These days I shrug, smile and reply, "You've got eyes?" And then, generally, find somewhere else to be.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Perhaps, like a lot of people, they can't accept the truth.
But again it's harder when one is working alone & not on a very controlled trial.
One should also think of the other parties in a marriage, my wife at times says " I try so hard to give you the correct food & your BS goes up". Diabetes is not only one persons problem it's the supporters problem as well
Get her to,look at www.dietdoctor.com for some meal ideas.. or you could cook her something for a change?