1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

The use of abbreviations

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by James Price, Apr 6, 2009.

1. James Price

James Price · Member

May I ask that when you kindly write to me that you avoid the use of abbreviations. This is for a few reasons. 1 I may not know what you mean by a certain abreviated word, 2, others may not know what you mean by it and may be afraid to ask and lastly it may cause confusion not only for the person reading, but if you require an answer to a question it may be answered incorrectly if the questions is not understood in its original format. I hope that I am not offending anyone by this comment. But I think in a forum that is trying to reach and connect with as many people as possible then it is important to try and be as clear and Precise as possible. You may if you wish write the word followed by the abbreviation in brackets.

I would appreciate your thoughts on this Regards James Price

2. sugarless sue

sugarless sue · Master

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook