Think I have hit a sweet spot.

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
Hey all. It would appear that I have reduced my weight loss to a trickle by doing very little about it.

I had been getting ready to start actively thinking about increased fat, maybe some carbs etc but no. It would appear mother nature has beat me too it.

Without a big breakfast I cannot skip lunch anymore even if its just some corned beef and salad. The hunger pangs are dreadful.

Thing is (I'm 6ft2 16 1/2 inch neck) i hit 80kg and thought I was reaching what looked right. At 78kg I'm happy. My body seems to agree as without any real diet change in the last 2 1/2 weeks my weight has hardly changed.

Still losing at the waist though. Had to make a new hole in my belt yesterday or my trousers would drop like a circus clown.

Down to a difficult to get hold of 28/34 now. But I will suffer it. Dunkirk spirit an all.

I'm assuming my improved diet means my body is having a sort out somehow. Whatever it is I'm very happy about it.

Reactions: Listlad and Prem51

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Congrats @Spl@, sometimes we just have to wait and watch. Do you need to skip lunch now ?

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
Congrats @Spl@, sometimes we just have to wait and watch. Do you need to skip lunch now ?

No cannot skip it really. I'm up at around 4.45. At work in the truck by 6 normally on the road by 6 30.

I run into a wall at between 12 and 1 where I just flake. Bg at this point is typically mid 4 to 5. Feel like those bunnies in the duracell ad. Proper hungry too.

Something simple. Some cold meat and cheese is enough to get me going again till the evening when I eat at around 7.

I think I have just burned of the body fat. So now when I have used up the energy from bfast (double cream and Greek yog normally) my body says it wants more suppose.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey all. It would appear that I have reduced my weight loss to a trickle by doing very little about it.

I had been getting ready to start actively thinking about increased fat, maybe some carbs etc but no. It would appear mother nature has beat me too it.

Without a big breakfast I cannot skip lunch anymore even if its just some corned beef and salad. The hunger pangs are dreadful.

Thing is (I'm 6ft2 16 1/2 inch neck) i hit 80kg and thought I was reaching what looked right. At 78kg I'm happy. My body seems to agree as without any real diet change in the last 2 1/2 weeks my weight has hardly changed.

Still losing at the waist though. Had to make a new hole in my belt yesterday or my trousers would drop like a circus clown.

Down to a difficult to get hold of 28/34 now. But I will suffer it. Dunkirk spirit an all.

I'm assuming my improved diet means my body is having a sort out somehow. Whatever it is I'm very happy about it.

Sla@, I often comment that the body can take a while to catch up with the scales, and vice versa.

When I trimmed up, I got skinny, managed to stabilise my weight, then a few months later, at a change of season (and therefor moving into more appropriate cothing, I noticed my waist had narrowed yet again.

In terms of my dimensions, I'm almost polar opposite to you. 160cm tall and skirt around 48/9kg. I buy size six clothing, or for things like t-shirts or leggings, children's age 13-ish works well for me - provided they don't have Disney characters emblazoned on them!.

M

Member496333

Good work. There’s something that just feels so intuitively “right” when you slip into the groove, isn’t there? You appear to have reached that “biological optimum” that I like to bang on about.

Love it. Keep surfing that wave of awesomeness :playful:

Reactions: Spl@

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No cannot skip it really. I'm up at around 4.45. At work in the truck by 6 normally on the road by 6 30.

I run into a wall at between 12 and 1 where I just flake. Bg at this point is typically mid 4 to 5. Feel like those bunnies in the duracell ad. Proper hungry too.

Something simple. Some cold meat and cheese is enough to get me going again till the evening when I eat at around 7.

I think I have just burned of the body fat. So now when I have used up the energy from bfast (double cream and Greek yog normally) my body says it wants more suppose.
Great stuff! Just wondered if you have discovered M&S rolittos (cigar shaped cheese rolled in ham). There are 3 varieties, my personal fave is manchego and serrano ham, and they are so easy to eat on the run/driving.

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
Great stuff! Just wondered if you have discovered M&S rolittos (cigar shaped cheese rolled in ham). There are 3 varieties, my personal fave is manchego and serrano ham, and they are so easy to eat on the run/driving.

Sounds boring but I eat little if any pre prepared food .
Tin of tuna some cheese and all the lettuce and cucumber you can stomach takes 2 mins to sort before bed.

Grew up skint. 3 or 4 quid a day for lunches is 7 to 800 quid a year in my head.

Plus the uncertainty of what may be in pre packed.

Reactions: Prem51

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
L know that problem. I was wearing 34" or 36" waist trousers (30" leg) when I was diagnosed. After drastic weight loss I was down to looking for 28" waist trousers/shorts which aren't easy to find. I have put on some of my weight and I'm wearing 32" waist now. That's ok for me.
But well done you!

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People. Noise. Swearing. Many foods.
Weighed myself this morning..have now lost 22lb since December 17th.

Trousers had to be replaced...last week...and will need another new pair this week as I underestimated how much my waist had shrunk!

Struggle trying to find 35” legs though..

Might get away with a long 33” if they only sit on my hips!

Reactions: Prem51

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
Thought I would update this.

Bearing in mind I lost 20kg from mid October to early January.

I weigh pretty much the same still. The normal fluctuations due to biology but still 76 to 78 straight from the shower.

Do need to do another belt hole though.

Reactions: Prem51 and DCUKMod