Think I may be pre-diabetic/diabetic? what do you think?

Charlotte2249

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi guys I have been regularly testing my blood sugars and for many months now. My fasting levels are usually in the 7mmol/L region. I have also noticed i am now having levels of 11mmol/L at least 2 hours after meals. For example i last ate at around 13.00. i Have just tested my sugar levels (16.00) and it was 11.8mmol/L which is the highest i've ever had. My fasting level this morning was 6.6mmol/L.

I use a Sanitas blood sugar monitor which i brought from LIDL so not sure if this is as accurate as some of the expensive models, however when I test my partners blood sugars his are always a lot lower than mine.

I am always quite thirsty although i have been since a child, i do not urinate frequently nor have any other symptoms. I am however overweight. I think my BMI is 32.

Does this sound like I may have diabetes?

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
We are not doctors so cannot diagnose you. Those levels indicate that you should show your readings to a GP who may then arrange blood tests for you. Good luck.

Charlotte2249

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
thank you yes im aware youre not doctors, i have an appointment booked in for friday with the doctor. i just wanted an idea if those levels are something to be concerned about as sometimes the levels are normal ish in the 7s but sometimes they are higher. thanks.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
sometimes the levels are normal ish in the 7s but sometimes they are higher. thanks.

That will be dependent on what you ate before you saw those levels. The more carbs in the meal, the higher your post meal levels will be.

Good luck at the doctors. Do come back and let us know how you go on.