Think libre 2 has died.

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
I’ve been getting a cannot read glucose reading message, try again in 10 mins since around 9 this morning.
Am I right to assume it has died?
Or could it spring back to life?
It’s been on 10 days (including today)

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Sounds dead to me. Call Abbott after the weekend and they'll replace!
Keep the sensor, they'll likely want you to send it back.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve been getting a cannot read glucose reading message, try again in 10 mins since around 9 this morning.
Am I right to assume it has died?
Or could it spring back to life?
It’s been on 10 days (including today)
You seem to be having a lot of problems with Libre. I just stuck my free sample on my arm, waited 60mins and then didn't have any trouble reading it for the full 14 days.

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
Sounds dead to me. Call Abbott after the weekend and they'll replace!
Keep the sensor, they'll likely want you to send it back.

Thank you
I still have my other one to use.
To be honest i found it slot less stressful today. I kept trying to get reading but couldn’t. I just wasn’t worrying about what my sugars were or weren’t. I just are every couple hours.
It was nice lol.
But I think I need to keep in with experiment. Although not looking forward to the palava of parcel force and trying to get it delivered and sent to post office again!!

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
ive not used libre 2 but have used lots of libre 1, i had about 1 in 20 fail... if that error lasts more that 2 hours then you can assume its dead

abbott normally replace without too much fuss.. except as you say parcel force.. i normally end up going to the sorting office to collect

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
ive not used libre 2 but have used lots of libre 1, i had about 1 in 20 fail... if that error lasts more that 2 hours then you can assume its dead

abbott normally replace without too much fuss.. except as you say parcel force.. i normally end up going to the sorting office to collect
Yea main issue is you have to call up parcel force and then they take to the post office. Although they still do just go straight to depot as well which is a pain. I spoke to Abbott last time and they won’t use anyone else.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you have anyone at home during the day you could get it delivered to instead?

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
Do you have anyone at home during the day you could get it delivered to instead?
No and they won’t deliver anywhere else. Sorry misunderstood. Never quite know when they are coming until the day so don’t know if friends could stay in. Unless it’s a post office and they get that bit right.
When I speak to them next week I’ll ask again and explain the problem, but last time they said no because they only use parcel force

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
You seem to be having a lot of problems with Libre. I just stuck my free sample on my arm, waited 60mins and then didn't have any trouble reading it for the full 14 days.
I know.

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I can't offer any advice on the libre issue but I've had problems with Parcelforce too. If we don't answer the door within about 3 seconds they take parcels next door, not a problem usually but with covid it's less than ideal since the neighbours don't follow any of the rules so no chance we can go and collect from them. Parcelforce are really snotty if you get in touch about it too, even though we have a poster in the window saying we're in (we're always in :hilarious:) and to please leave parcels.